A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
"I'm a 55 year old heterosexual, and I don't know which way to strap it" - Emailer

"Whatever you do, just don't strap it on" - DJ

:lolhitting Zito is on tonight.

qwerty, I'm directing this at you since you seem to know where to get every stat imaginable?? Wanna look for a stat for how many times teams have been shut out this season?? I'm interested to see where the Sox rank on that because I'd bet it'd be pretty good. If my memory is correct the sox have been shut out twice this season and I know the Cards have been shut out 5 times this season.

This s*** is truly pathetic. But I;m not even gonna stress over it. I know we play like ass against Oakland, as Kotsay gets a leadoff single, and you deal with it. f*** Oakland....HELLO ALL STAR BREAK!

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
You guys are acting like we should be hitting Zito. When he can throw his fastball, change AND curve for strikes at anytime, we're f***ed. Tip your caps to him.

We're allowing Zito to pitch those pitches when we want to. If he throws a first pitch fastball right down the plate, we should be swinging. Also, we act like we've never heard that he throws a curveball when he gets two strikes.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
qwerty, I'm directing this at you since you seem to know where to get every stat imaginable??  Wanna look for a stat for how many times teams have been shut out this season??  I'm interested to see where the Sox rank on that  because I'd bet it'd be pretty good.  If my memory is correct the sox have been shut out twice this season and I know the Cards have been shut out 5 times this season.

Also check for how many times a team gets 3 hits or less.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
Twins up 5-4, about to score more runs.  My big fear is giving them momentum heading into the ASB.  A double digit lead going into the ASB would have been huge from a psyche standpoint.

I thought your big fear was having the Twins, Cubs, and Indians win this weekend while we get swept?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
I thought your big fear was having the Twins, Cubs, and Indians win this weekend while we get swept?

I didn't include the Indians in my nightmare scenario. And that whole momentum aspect plays a big part in why I think it would be such a negative situation to occur.