A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
His power numbers are really down.  In my mind, and according to the father of a Sox minor leaguer, there's a reason for that.

I know what you're suggesting but I really doubt it.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
this is gonna be a long game..........

Well, we'll see Jenks likely, so at least there's something to look forward to if we're losing. Of course, I'd rather win and have to care less who pitches.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
I know what you're suggesting but I really doubt it.

Would it surprise you? His numbers are really down this year, and this info was relayed to me by the father of a Sox minor leaguer who gave plenty of details about it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Would it surprise you?  His numbers are really down this year, and this info was relayed to me by the father of a Sox minor leaguer who gave plenty of details about it.

To be honest it would surprise me. His numbers may suggest it but his body type does not imo. There is a player or two on the sox I would suspect but not him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Would it surprise you?  His numbers are really down this year, and this info was relayed to me by the father of a Sox minor leaguer who gave plenty of details about it.

People will probably just use the "gym rat" explanation, which is really no explanation at all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
His power numbers are really down.  In my mind, and according to the father of a Sox minor leaguer, there's a reason for that.

I have watched just about every Sox game this year, and it seems like he has hit a ton of ground balls and fly balls to right, that have just missed going out. I think if he tried to pull the ball more he would probably have more HR's. Of course his average would probably be lower.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
To be honest it would surprise me.  His numbers may suggest it but his body type does not imo.  There is a player or two on the sox I would suspect but not him.

If a guy with six career homers takes them anyonecould be on them