Favorite Throwback

SoxFan1

I wanna know the game that you just get the sudden urge to play. I'm not gonna go back as far as Atari and Nintendo and Sega but only Nintendo 64 and Playstation. To me, for some strange reason, I love going back and playing NHL Faceoff 2001 and Twisted Metal 4 for Playstation. It is nice to just go back once in a while and re-live what you once thaought were the realest graphics ever. So much fun...how about you!?!?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
I wanna know the game that you just get the sudden urge to play. I'm not gonna go back as far as Atari and Nintendo and Sega but only Nintendo 64 and Playstation. To me, for some strange reason, I love going back and playing NHL Faceoff 2001 and Twisted Metal 4 for Playstation. It is nice to just go back once in a while and re-live what you once thaought were the realest graphics ever. So much fun...how about you!?!?

Dude, how can you NOT include the real old systems when talking about "Throwback" video games.

My favs, in no particular order.

Operation Wolf ( Arcade )

Double Dragon ( Arcade / Nintendo )

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

RBI Baseball ( Nintendo )

I guess I am really old school because I can actually remember Pong!

The two arcade video games that come to mind when I think back are Galaga and Robotron. A buddy and I alternated and played Robotron for 13 straight hours (one game) one night before the manager made us stop playing so she could close up. We could have played all night on that same quarter!

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I wonder how many have heard of this game...

NES - Bucky O'Hare

Love that game...still play it to this day.

:o

At first I had no idea what you were talking about, but googling it brought back crazy memories of that.

bucky1.jpg

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Ken Griffey Jr. baseball on Super Nintendo was awesome.  Everytime I go by my grandma's house I still play that game a lot.

this is still my favorite game to play, i'll bust out the super nintentendo once and a while. my team was the phillies with appolo creed, and rocky balboa.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
:o

At first I had no idea what you were talking about, but googling it brought back crazy memories of that.

bucky1.jpg

Yesssss

Saving the Aniverse from Toads. Awesome.

Lucky for me I found a copy on eBay a couple years back. I lent my first copy to a kid, and he never gave it back.

I