Pet Peeves

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
Mine would have to be when you go to a fast food restaurant and your drink ends up being a cup full of ice with a little soda poured on top.

Curious to see what the rest of you find annoying.

I hate that Nuke! I have a few. Number 1 by far is unknowledgable people who think they know what the f*** they are talking about. 2 is complainers. 3 is when someone comes into my room without knocking. 4 is when they don't close the door on the way out.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=12191&hl=peeve

Posters that don't use the search button. :P

How bout posters that revive old threads that died before they even started posting on this website?

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:52 PM)
How bout posters that revive old threads that died before they even started posting on this website?

Further PWNAGE.

Thread died: Mar 25, 2004

Poster Joined: July 14, 2004

Edited by SoxFan1

Another one that I really hate is people who talk long-winded or get easily sidetracked when trying to tell a story or make a point. Like this:

"The same thing happened to me when I was 12. Wait, I think I was 12. Or was I 13? No, if I was 12 that would have been 1992 and we went to Florida in 1993 when I was 13, so then I had to have been 12 but Uncle Jim got me my first bike that year when I was 13. I dunno....I was either 12 or 13."

OMFG! SHUT THE f*** UP AND MAKE YOUR POINT!

when someone decides the best time to share their deepest secrets are during the sox game..

The meal I get at Taco Bell costs 4.01 and I don't have a penny so I end up getting 99 cents back..

1.) a lot: it's two words

2.) your = possessive; you're = you are; its = possessive; it's = it is; there = location; their = possessive; they're = they are

3.) When people are condescending

4.) People that talk on their cell phones while driving

5.) People that think I want to know everything about their sex lives

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Mine would have to be when you go to a fast food restaurant and your drink ends up being a cup full of ice with a little soda poured on top.

Curious to see what the rest of you find annoying.

My buddy always asks for no ice and they can't just say no you can't have no ice or just not fill it up all the way.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
My buddy always asks for no ice and they can't just say no you can't have no ice or just not fill it up all the way.

That's what I've been forced to do. Unfortunately sometimes I dont remember to specify no ice and I get a painful reminder of my oversight when I finish my drink in 2 slurps.

People who cannot park within the clearly marked yellow lines. There is a softheaded moron who parks next to my spot and 3 times this week, he's double parked into my spot which means I gotta go out of my way and park down the block.

People on bicycles in the streets when there are clearly marked bicycle lanes to use.

People with incredibly small house numbers (in my job I have to find house numbers and so many people have really small ones -- one idiot even had his house numbers hidden by a giant set of bushes)

As Soxy said, people that will inform those that don't care or want to know about their sex life.

People who will say and do one thing only to later say "Well, you should have known I didn't want to do that." If they didn't want to do it then they should say so in the f***ing first place.

People who get offended by something and then wait approximately a year to vent their outrage.

People who refuse to recognize their own inherent hypocricy and continue to ride their high horse of never doing a thing wrong.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
People who cannot park within the clearly marked yellow lines.  There is a softheaded moron who parks next to my spot and 3 times this week, he's double parked into my spot which means I gotta go out of my way and park down the block.

People on bicycles in the streets when there are clearly marked bicycle lanes to use.

People with incredibly small house numbers (in my job I have to find house numbers and so many people have really small ones -- one idiot even had his house numbers hidden by a giant set of bushes)

As Soxy said, people that will inform those that don't care or want to know about their sex life.

People who will say and do one thing only to later say "Well, you should have known I didn't want to do that."  If they didn't want to do it then they should say so in the f***ing first place.

People who get offended by something and then wait approximately a year to vent their outrage.

People who refuse to recognize their own inherent hypocricy and continue to ride their high horse of never doing a thing wrong.

Not a people person, huh? I agree with the 3rd to last one though. That and when people sy something, know they were serious, find out they were wrong, and say "I was just kidding!"

People that give me a bunch of bulls*** on this board. You guys know damn well who I'm talking about.

Other than that...I hate when people don't use their turn signals, PDA in school hallways, ppl who walk slow anywhere...rap, B96 music...

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
People with incredibly small house numbers (in my job I have to find house numbers and so many people have really small ones -- one idiot even had his house numbers hidden by a giant set of bushes

agree with this one 100%, I can never read the house numbers especially late at night. (pizza delivery)

Whenever people are just plain inconsiderate. I call it the 'f*** the next guy' phenomenon and it's rampant, especially in the workplace. You know, leave the printer without any paper in it, or with a paper jam, or opened a box of supplies just barely enough to take out only what they needed.........