Pet Peeves

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fat and slow people who have to get up before everyone to get off of the trains first, only have practically have a heartattack while going up the stairs and slow everyone else down. What is the difference if you get off the train first or not, it is going to take you a half hour to get up the stairs anyway, let people who actually can walk the stairs get off ahead of you.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
People who turn directly into the left lane when they make a right hand turn. And you're making a left hand turn and turning into the left lane too, because you know how to f***ing drive, so you have to slam on your brakes or quickly get over to avoid hitting them.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

And they give you a dirty look!

Cashiers that can't make change without the register telling them how much. This happened to the person in front of me at Autozone just last week:

Bill is $36.48.

The cashier put in $10 accidentally. (Look of mass confusion on cahier's face)

The cashier put in $100.

The cashier gave $73.52 in change.

Now, this didn't surprise me one bit because I used to be a Customer Service Manager and was in charge of all the cashiers at a large Home Improvement store. I had to find problems like this all the time when their drawers were short.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
I'm the complete opposite on that one.

Stupidity is the inability to learn.

Ignorance simply means that you simply don't know something.

Its possible to be both stupid AND ignorant but you can be ignorant without being stupid.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Stupidity is the inability to learn.

Ignorance simply means that you simply don't know something.

Its possible to be both stupid AND ignorant but you can be ignorant without being stupid.

Ignorance is willful lack of knowledge, that has always bugged me waaaaaaaaaaay more than people who just can't learn.

I dispise cab drivers and just about every ignorant driving method they use. They were all complaining they didn't make enough and needed a fare hike, what they needed to do was yank about 5000 cabbie medalions and make the rest of them actually follow the rules of the road!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
To me, ignorance is just lack of knowledge, or uneducated, not neccesarily by choice. Not someone's fault if they don't know something.

I guess to me, stupid is being knowlegeable or educated on something and still making wrong decisions or choices.

I gather you have the polar opposite understanding of the two terms.