i wanna kill frank thomas tight now

baggio202

I hope our announcers ripped frank's butt.

baggs is right as usual and now I am pissed off.

We don't play the game the right way as Baggs said and we haven't for a while now.

DJ made a comment about it. Frank isn't seeing it right so I don't even know if he can control where he is hitting it right now. Still, Frank absolutey crushed the ball, but it was definately the wrong approach.

Most of the guys have had the wrong approach all season.

i guess jason said it best..frank drilled it but the approach was wrong..and has been for most of our hitters all year

in '00 it was a given if jose , or ray , led off an inning with a double they would be moved to 3rd and then brought home whether by hit , or a ground out , or sac fly..it was almost automatic....i credit von joshua with that..he had these guys thinking as a team and hitting the inside of the baseball as hawk likes to say...since we fired him that hasnt been the case...

even if frank did hit to the right side there is no gaurentee we win tonight's game..but our chances would have been improved greatly...over 162 games it could be the difference between 95 wins and the division and 85 wins and october golf...

I hope our announcers ripped frank's butt.

baggs is right as usual and now I am pissed off.

We don't play the game the right way as Baggs said and we haven't for a while now.

DJ made a comment about it. Frank isn't seeing it right so I don't even know if he can control where he is hitting it right now. Still, Frank absolutey crushed the ball, but it was definately the wrong approach.

Most of the guys have had the wrong approach all season.

If this is the case, then the best thing he can do is get a pitch he can drill and drill it, which he did, 9/10 times that thing is a hit....but ya it's still the wrong approach and you would like to see it go to right if possible. But i was telling Baggs earlier that it appeared middle in and that's a tough pitch to take to the right side...a groundout to the pitcher wouldn't have helped there.

Sox fans are classy in that we generally respect players who have left us - the tribute to Robin Ventura a case in point- and fans have been kid, Brooks Fordyce still get a smattering of applause -  we generallyare good about former players and then get on with cheering against them without rancor - one of our classiest attributes

It sounded like a decent amoutn of people booed singleton when he came to the plate from what i could tell on the tv

Guest hotsoxchick1
It sounded like a decent amoutn of people booed singleton when he came to the plate from what i could tell on the tv

umm yep we did booooooo singleton and when foulke took the mound too............. :P sorry but rps made me do it.......... :ph34r:

Guest hotsoxchick1
chisoxfn would not be proud...

and i don't think i'd boo them either, really no reason to

ohhhh wheres your sense of adventure.............geez it was all in good fun............ :D

thread title: I want to kill Frank Thomas?

The language unsettles me.  Can't we express anger or frustration or whatever with threats to life?  I know you well buddy and know you didn't mean it that way but I am just uncomfortable with it.  Call him an asshole, call his a dumb f***, whatever, but language involving killing always disconcerts me.

It took me back to my childhood. "SI I'm going to kill you!" Heard that a few times. :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1
OMG!! You did not! Shame, shame, shame on you guys.  :nono

yah we did.........like i said rps made me do it..... :o was i there by myself i would have just stood and clapped without comment....... :rolleyes: lol

Frank hit it hard according to everyhting I have read. I guess that's why baseball is the closest thing to horseshoes? We just need some offense, which leads to opening up the conversation again about who should go down. Actually most of out big hitters are in a slump so when do they come out of it? I think we need these pitchers to step up now and throw some shutouts. Am I asking too much?

It reminds me of the days of the '67 Sox (the hittless wonders and great pitching) where Baseball Digest had a story about things that would happen that baseball year. The line went, "The White Sox get shut out 6 times in a row. They win 4 of them."

Even though Frank did swing at the first pitch, all I know is that he ripped the s*** out of the ball. You wouldn't be complaining if it flew a few few feet to the left, for it would have been a game tying double. CLee also hit one well, but again it was right at Hatteberg. That a hangwiffem

Even though Frank did swing at the first pitch, all  I know is that he ripped the s*** out of the ball.  You wouldn't be complaining if it flew a few few feet to the left, for it would have been a game tying double.  CLee also hit one well, but again it was right at Hatteberg.    That a hangwiffem

if thomas lined out to hatteburg in that situation i wouldnt have said a word...he would have had the right approach and just got beat ...

we are too right handed to just be swinging away..we have to be smart...if we were all left handed we could pull t he ball all the time and still make productive outs...you cant do that if you are right handed...it definately is a lefty's game

If Thomas hit it on the screws, which it appears that's what happened, then it seems to me he got a pitch to hit and hit it. It just happened to be right at somebody. He hit's a 1/4 inch lower on the baseball and it's in the stands. Runner in scoring position, RBI man at the plate and he gets a pitch to nail. I have no problem with that. By all means Frank, if you can hit that hard, do so... and I don't care to which side it goes.

If Thomas hit it on the screws, which it appears that's what happened, then it seems to me he got a pitch to hit and hit it.  It just happened to be right at somebody.  He hit's a 1/4 inch lower on the baseball and it's in the stands. Runner in scoring position, RBI man at the plate and he gets a pitch to nail. I have no problem with that. By all means Frank, if you can hit that hard, do so... and I don't care to which side it goes.

And that is Franks mentality. The ends justifies the means, and that is the biggest problem I have with Frank, and to some extent the whole team. There is way too much "ME" going on right now. And the TEAM is suffering because of it.