Oakland A's Venting Thread

SoxFan1

QUOTE(WhiteSox311 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Man the Sox do some stupid s*** against the A's.  Of course there's the errors, but even bad pitches.  I don't mean hangers i mean a mixture of bad pitch selection and location.

For example,  I think it was the second inning and Byrnes was up and kielty was on second.  The count was 1-2 and its still early in the game so the shadows were still affecting the hitters.  And when shadows are out its probably easier to see the change or fastball.  So instead of throwing a nice curve like buerhle can he throws a fastball right down the damn middle (Byrnes of course smoked it down the left field line).  Plus what were they thinking buerhle isnt a flamethower so just use the shadows and throw a breaking pitch DUMBASS.  That pitch pry pissed me off more than any other play in the game.

I thought the worse one was the 1-2 change that Kotsay hit for a 3 run homer. He just barely fouled off a high fastball, so wouldn't it make sense to come back with another one, or a slow curve low and away? I wonder if that pitch had something to do with the fact that Widger was catching instead of A.J. Also, here's hoping Crede gets back soon, I'm sick of seeing Ozuna out there. He's got as many errors as Joe at third in much less time, and he looks overmatched pretty much every time at the plate. I know his average is high, but he has only one extra base hit, and I expect that average to come down a bunch the more he plays.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Yes, we know, we blow ass against the A's. Go ahead and vent, we all know you want to.... GO KC!

f*** OAKLAND GOD DAMMIT!!! THERE'S NO TEAM IN BASEBALL THAT ANNOYS ME MORE THAN THEY DO AND THAT INCLUDES THE FLUBBS, TWINS AND INDIANS.

f*** OAKLAND!!!!!

Why? Why? Why? This team has owned us for four years, both teams have had alot of player turnover over that span, both teams have had two different managers, what is it? Is it something in the scouting depatment? Now that I am watching Carl's K Is it the umpires? It is driving me nuts why they not only lose but look really bad in the process.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
It gets a bit ridiculous when you're playing a team that owns you for whatever reason and you have to beat the umps as well as the team.

True, but we're also putting ourselves in a situation to get beat by the umpires. If you keep taking close pitches, the ump is going to ring you up on a regular basis. You don't see the A's getting called out on the third strike. They'll fight off the tough pitches, and then walk on a pitch way out of the zone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
True, but we're also putting ourselves in a situation to get beat by the umpires.  If you keep taking close pitches, the ump is going to ring you up on a regular basis.  You don't see the A's getting called out on the third strike.  They'll fight off the tough pitches, and then walk on a pitch way out of the zone.

Whatever, there was nothing Carl could have done with that pitch, it started off so high and it didn't even really finish that close, oh yeah it was outside as well, that was just a terrible call, period and it cost us atleast a run.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Whatever, there was nothing Carl could have done with that pitch, it started off so high and it didn't even really finish that close, oh yeah it was outside as well, that was just a terrible call, period and it cost us atleast a run.

What really pissed me off was that the ump called that pitch a ball two pitches earlier.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)

He's been calling that high, outside pitch all day. It was just one of those hangers which was thrown in a good location. I know this: If a Sox pitcher threw it, and it was called a ball, I would have been pissed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
He's been calling that high, outside pitch all day.  It was just one of those hangers which was thrown in a good location.  I know this:  If a Sox pitcher threw it, and it was called a ball, I would have been pissed.

I wouldnt have. It honestly wasn't that close, just look how far Kendall brought his glove down after he caught it.

QUOTE(bulokis @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
A's owned the SOX, we keep bowing down to them. I was looking at the schedule, we are done with the world champions Oakland A's (when against the SOX)for the rest of the season.

A's  :sweep: SOX :puke

It makes me even more mad that people were calling for a sweep of the A's before the first game started. That's just asking for trouble.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
It makes me even more mad that people were calling for a sweep of the A's before the first game started.  That's just asking for trouble.

Hell yeah, How in the hell can you expect the Sox to sweep th A's. We play like assclowns against them. :headshake :banghead

I'm glad to see the A's leave town.

We just need to pray they don't win the wild card. Assuming that the Sox keep the best record in the AL, we'll be playing the Wild Card winner in the first round of the playoffs.

We don't want to see the A's ever again, least of all in a short playoff series.