Ross Gload

VAfan

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
A dollar to a donut says our starting 1B on opening day 2006 is .... Paul Konerko.

Not a chance. He's gonna sign a deal very similar to Sexson's. This organization realizes that he doesn't belong here. He fits the mold of this team as much as Mo Vaughn does. Konerko will sign a deal with the Yankees or Red Sox or some other team with money to throw away. There's absolutely no chance Konerko stays here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Not a chance.  He's gonna sign a deal very similar to Sexson's.  This organization realizes that he doesn't belong here.  He fits the mold of this team as much as Mo Vaughn does.  Konerko will sign a deal with the Yankees or Red Sox or some other team with money to throw away.  There's absolutely no chance Konerko stays here.

I know you don't want to see it happen, but I think it will. We'll see.

Edited by YASNY

Bruce Levine today on the Sunday baseball show talked about how Pauly and his agent were offered a 4 year 36 million with a change to make 40 million with insentives. He turned it down at the end of last year and at the end of spring training. His agent wants to go to FA to see what his value is. So oddly enough his power numbers are up, his Ks are up and his clutchness is down. Methinks he is trying to pull a Valentin and Rob Deer himself a new Sexton type contract based soley on power numbers.

The reason Carlos is gone was because of him trying to pad his own stats and playing selfish out of the two 8+ million dollar younger guys. Paulie last year hit for power, but was the first guy to hit to right to try to drive in that run. This year he has completely abandoned that approach and has pretty much decided to become a pull home run hitter. His average is plummeting again and he needs to be dropped down in the order. Jermaine Dye who has played like a stud over the last month needs to get a chance to drive in some runs.

Gload is definately going to help. I think we will see that Paulie even with rest will still be a pull only home run or nothing hitter in the second half.

Dunn:

.186 vs LHP

.268 vs RHP

.240 AVG, 23 HR, 52 RBI, 61 BB, 94 K, 17 2B, 2 3B

vs Minny:

0-2 vs Mulholland

0-2 vs Nathan

1-1 vs Silva

vs Cleveland:

.429 vs Millwood

.222 vs Sabathia

0-5 vs Westbrook

0-4 vs Lee

.250 vs Elarton

vs Boston:

.360 vs Clement

.043 vs Miller

1-6 vs Wells

1-6 vs Schilling

He pwns Foulke (1-1)

I have been posting this since mid April. ANY other REASONABLE (Dye, Everett, Crede, Uribe, AJ, Rowand) player on this team would ahve better numbers than konerko. He was a main reason we failed in 2003 and is keeping the offfense stagnant this year. Look at the runs Pods and Iguchi have scored and look at konerko's numbers. He is there to drive these guys in and he does it by default not because he is a good hitter. He can scoop really well and throw but has zero range.

As for next year, Thomas, Dye, Gload and Everett are your RF, 1B, DH combos next year unless konerko takes $24M/6. The pressure is on him as Thomas and he are the only FA's of note in the offseason and a-lot of arb eligibles. Who do you think they will resign?????

If konerko isn't a clubhouse leader, you need to be in there to decide this answer, I feel he will be gone to the Braves or Mets (Doug M.)????????

Lee plays everyday for the cubs and he is carrying his weight, why can't konerko?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Why show those stats?  Most of 'em are under 50 AB's, it's a terribly small sample size.  But, if it makes ya happy...

And, the .186 vs lefties is in about 90 ABs.

Do you expect large sample sizes???? It's only the 1st half. If it tickles your fancy, I can offer those stats over the past 3 seasons:

Dunn's spilts over the last 3 years

His OBP is sick....

Yeah I said in the minor league teams Id expect our offense to be absolutely the same except replace Pauly with Anderson(a course Anderson wouldnt bat in Pauly's spot) But I dont think we would really experiance a drop off offensively because Pauly hurts this team so much losing him would be almost addition by subtraction.

Although he did win Buehrle that game vs Seattle earlier in the year :ph34r:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Yeah I said in the minor league teams Id expect our offense to be absolutely the same except replace Pauly with Anderson(a course Anderson wouldnt bat in Pauly's spot)  But I dont think we would really experiance a drop off offensively because Pauly hurts this team so much losing him would be almost addition by subtraction.

Although he did win Buehrle that game vs Seattle earlier in the year  :ph34r:

How many games has he come up with an RBI opportunity and completely f*** up? Quite a few. I'd say he's cost us plenty of games.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
I believe he'll be back right after the ASB.  I think Ozzie's going to finally send Willie down.  I'd rather have Harris up here, and I'm sure a majority of us still would.  However, Ozzie's not going to send Timo down; I don't see that happening.

Am I the only one here that still likes Timo. Can anybody here say CLUTCH. Please I hope they send Willie down. He ticked me off today when he couldnt even get a bunt down in the 11th. Timo gets big hits. Willie cant even get a bunt down. The only thing Willie has over Timo is speed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Bruce Levine today on the Sunday baseball show talked about how Pauly and his agent were offered a 4 year 36 million with a change to make 40 million with insentives.  He turned it down at the end of last year and at the end of spring training.  His agent wants to go to FA to see what his value is. So oddly enough his power numbers are up, his Ks are up and his clutchness is down.  Methinks he is trying to pull a Valentin and Rob Deer himself a new Sexton type contract based soley on power numbers.   

The reason Carlos is gone was because of him trying to pad his own stats and playing selfish out of the two 8+ million dollar younger guys.  Paulie last year hit for power, but was the first guy to hit to right to try to drive in that run.  This year he has completely abandoned that approach and has pretty much decided to become a pull home run hitter.  His average is plummeting again and he needs to be dropped down in the order. Jermaine Dye who has played like a stud over the last month needs to get a chance to drive in some runs. 

Gload is definately going to help.  I think we will see that Paulie even with rest will still be a pull only home run or nothing hitter in the second half.

5 for 6 today for Konerko. 4 singles and a 9th inning HR. That's a pretty amazing day. I hope he can carry this kind of hitting into the second half, not overswinging, just putting good wood on the ball and putting it in the outfield. Not all balls were pulled either.

Even so, he needs to rest so he's fresh late.

PK is a great guy and has always been there for the sox...i do believe that he is the kind of guy that will deliver big in the playoffs...if you remember he was huge in the allstar game in milwaukee...should have been MVP. he really seemed to enjoy the pressure of that game. as for gload, I think he is an everyday 1st baseman, so maybe give that guy a ton of time in the 2nd half against righties...!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
PK is a great guy and has always been there for the sox...i do believe that he is the kind of guy that will deliver big in the playoffs...if you remember he was huge in the allstar game in milwaukee...should have been MVP.  he really seemed to enjoy the pressure of that game.  as for gload, I think he is an everyday 1st baseman, so maybe give that guy a ton of time in the 2nd half against righties...!

Ummm isnt it true that Konerko can only hit righties?? So why would we only play him against lefties??

How come everyone is so quick to bash Paulie and no one gives a crap that Crede is an automatic out. If the dude didn't play solid D he wouldn't have anything going for him. Now I understand that PK is hitting in the 4 hole and is expected to produce more than a lower lineup hitter, but WE ALL have noticed that, why hasn't the manager??? If PK isn't producing in the cleanup spot shouldn't it be Ozzie's fault for not moving him? :chair

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
How come everyone is so quick to bash Paulie and no one gives a crap that Crede is an automatic out. If the dude didn't play solid D he wouldn't have anything going for him.  Now I understand that PK is hitting in the 4 hole and is expected to produce more than a lower lineup hitter, but WE ALL have noticed that,  why hasn't the manager??? If PK isn't producing in the cleanup spot shouldn't it be Ozzie's fault for not moving him? :chair

Maybe Crede bats 8th and doesn't make nearly the cash.

:banghead

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Maybe Crede bats 8th and doesn't make nearly the cash.

:banghead

Except, the last time I checked PK still led the team in HR's, RBI, and Runs scored, despite the s***ty BA

Maybe we should all get on Pods' case cause its his job as a leadoff hitter to score the runs.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
Except, the last time I checked PK still led the team in HR's, RBI, and Runs scored, despite the s***ty BA

Maybe we should all get on Pods' case cause its his job as a leadoff hitter to score the runs.

PK should have more RBI than he does. Pods and Iguchi might be the best 1-2 punch in the AL, but they're left stranded out there by none other than Konerko. Konerko scores so many runs because he hits so many solo homers. The only other times Konerko gets on base is when he walks, and the hitters behind him (Dye, Everett) do a good job of getting him in. The fact that Konerko is so terrible with RISP and that he's scored so many runs leads me to believe that Dye and Everett would be much better in the cleanup spot.

Here's how it works to explain it better:

Pods and/or Iguchi get on base, Konerko K's, GIDP, or pops up.

Nobody gets on base, Konerko hits a homer.

Nobody gets on base, Konerko walks and the batters behind him in the order get him in.

This is interesting. Konerko doesn't fit this team's plan but Dunn does ?

Konerko is a good player and a good leader but he isn't worth $10 mil. a year just like Jaggs wasn't worth $ 15 mil.

Although I think that many fans are underestimating Konerko's leadership on this team, I think that the Sox could spend the money in a better way.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)

Really Pods is supposed to steal home?

PK gets so many f***ing RBI chances it's insane. He hits like f***ing .222 w/ RISP that's a joke! His RBI total is highly overrated due to the chances he gets.

But your right, it's Pods fault people never drive him in. Damn you Pods..

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Wow thats one of the f***ing funniest things I've ever said.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
But your right, it's Pods fault people never drive him in.  Damn you Pods..

Personally, I prefer to blame Willie Harris, after Friday's game. Pods should have at least 2-3 more runs and should be ahead of Konerko by now.