Is Freddy a stopper?

VAfan

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
this is your third thread man cool it down, but i agree he will stop them, and hopefully we can score some runs off their pitcher

Hey, just thought I'd post something other than: "Sox need to trade for Schmidt and Vizquel."

But in some ways it all comes back to my argument for a 4th starter for the playoffs. We've seen in the last two days that 2 of our 3 aces can be beat. But if we have 4 aces, I like our chances a lot better.

On ESPN, they made me realize something. IIRC, they said something like we are last in total hits. That's sad. Even if Mark mowed them down, 1 run is not enough in 9 out of 10 games you play. Offense needs to pick it up. I suggest dropping PK in the order. Uribe is still kind of in a funk.

I think you'll see the usual 3 or 2 runs given up by FG. The question: is the offense going to give him run support?

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
The Sox need a big lift tomorrow from Freddy Garcia.  3-6 is bad enough against those guys, but at least it would allow us to finish the first half 30 games over .500 and at least a 10 game lead over Minnesota.

I disagree, I don't think they need a big lift. Oakland games are meaningless, especially when you're about 30 games over .500. The pitching doesn't fall asleep like the offense, when you have stud pitching, it will consistently be there over the long run, so even a sweep tomorow wouldn't really bother me, it would be frustrating to watch, but it wouldn't mean much to me.

I think any of out starters have shown they can be the big game pitcher. However, our anemic offense is going to have to put it in gear. We also had Pablo Ozuna playing a very bad defensive game and he has done this before, but the offense or pitching have covered for his poor skills at 3B.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
rowand44: why is that?

Because Buehrle always has trouble against Oakland and even though Jon has had a great year I guess I'm still more confident in Freddy then Jon and that's no shot at Garland, none at all. Also, I'll never forget that performance Freddy had at Oakland right after the allstar break last year where he just shut them down completely after we got our asses handed to us the first two games.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
It would be nice if the offense would atleast pretend to be a legitimate major league offense against these guys.

I would agree that the best way to get out of our funk against the A's is to prove we can hit their pitchers.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
this is your third thread man cool it down, but i agree he will stop them, and hopefully we can score some runs off their pitcher

Guy, we have mods for this kind of stuff. If we have problems with a thread, we will let people know... If the thread bothers you, just ignore it and it will go away. All you do by posting is legitimize it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Guy, we have mods for this kind of stuff.  If we have problems with a thread, we will let people know... If the thread bothers you, just ignore it and it will go away.  All you do by posting is legitimize it.

I assume you didn't have a problem with my little post, did you? Of course Freddy didn't help us much today, but at least he never let them put us crooked numbers and left the game after 6 with a lead.