GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The interesting thing about the Uribe situation is that before we got him, all the Colorado media said was how Uribe was only concerned about getting the big payday. They all thought that once he got it, his production would hit the fan. Looks like they were dead on with that prognosis.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
If KW is going to go for it all this year, then he should trade Uribe for Vizquel.  Uribe obviously has mailed it in since he got his contract.

That's what I've been saying since May. Even if Vizquel falls apart in the 3rd year of that contract, I'd still bet he hits better than .246, which would be superior to Uribe's s***ty production.

Rowand: .717 OPS

Uribe: .650 OPS

Good thing they're both locked up.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
That's what I've been saying since May. Even if Vizquel falls apart in the 3rd year of that contract, I'd still bet he hits better than .246, which would be superior to Uribe's s***ty production.

i like jack wilson, plus he is starting to pull his weight this year, he would be a worth it pickup

Pathetic game so far. Pitching wise the deciding factor is the A's may have given up 11 hits, but only 1 walk. Sox pitchers have given up 7 free pases. Politte is the one holding them now. We get offense and the pitching falls apart.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
Pathetic game so far. Pitching wise the deciding factor is the A's may have given up 11 hits, but only 1 walk. Sox pitchers have given up 7 free pases. Politte is the one holding them now. We get offense and the pitching falls apart.

even if we lose this game we have the break to think about things, as you can see we need a week or couple days off to recuperate after this dumbass sereis

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)

There's quite a few teams wishing they didn't lock up players until they saw how they performed once steroid testing was made stricter.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
even if we lose this game we have the break to think about things, as you can see we need a week or couple days off to recuperate after this dumbass sereis

Maybe with a roster move or 2 we can get some subs. Ozuna should not be playing 3B and we need someone to replace Timo as the sub OF'er and 1B sub. If Crede is ok with his back he will be at 3B, but he really doesn't have a true back up. Gload will probably be up and Marte back also.

I like how Kotsay is able to get back to the fence to make the catch, but Rowand was unable to get back there for Johnson's double. Not saying he should have caught it, but I guarantee you that Kotsay or Hunter would have been closer.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Lets go Rob Deer, get a hold of one.

This should be a winner for ignorant comment of the year...

Comparing Frank Thomas, the greatest player in the history of the White Sox Organization to some loser like that...

We got swept... you'd think the world just came to an end... just glad this series is over...

Ohh how will I ever survive, being only 9 games in front of first place and all after the allstar break...