GAME THREAD 7-10-2005 SOX vs A's

rangercal

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
No, A's pitchers are just making great pitches.  The only questionable pitch was the one to Everett.

They are making very good pitches. But the entire day for both sides pitches have been called strikes way off the corner.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Leaving Cotts in to face Melhouse was the play of the game imo. I just don't understand what Ozzie was thinking :huh:

I don't really think so. There were many pathetic AB's by our hitters, mainly Podsednik's DP with the bases loaded and 0 outs. Very much similar to the first game.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Leaving Cotts in to face Melhouse was the play of the game imo. I just don't understand what Ozzie was thinking :huh:

100 pct agree with that. Just wait til someone says how we have the best record in baseball, and Ozzie should never be second-guessed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
100 pct agree with that.  Just wait til someone says how we have the best record in baseball, and Ozzie should never be second-guessed.

My personal favorite right now is "Oh well, just be glad we don't play the A's anymore." As if that's something I should be so happy about.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
100 pct agree with that.  Just wait til someone says how we have the best record in baseball, and Ozzie should never be second-guessed.

He does manage sometimes to the voices his stomach makes when the old gut grumbles.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't really think so. There were many pathetic AB's by our hitters, mainly Podsednik's DP with the bases loaded and 0 outs. Very much similar to the first game.

Yeah but that was a situation that Ozzie had control over, Oakland has 1 of the best bp's in the major's, so the smaller the deficit the better

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
He does manage sometimes to the voices his stomach makes when the old gut grumbles.

There's simply no f***ing excuse for Cotts to have been facing Melhuse. Cotts is the last person you want pitching with the bases loaded, especially after he looked like s*** that inning.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
:headshake  :puke

Hopefully Ozzie has a little more sense then you use roster fodder in this situation.

I hate Timo more than anyone, but against Street and his great slider, Timo has a much better chance than Rowand does of getting a hit.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
There's simply no f***ing excuse for Cotts to have been facing Melhuse.  Cotts is the last person you want pitching with the bases loaded, especially after he looked like s*** that inning.

I like Cotts, but I agree that when they ain't got it they ain't got it. Shouldn't leave someone in there in situations like that. We have a good bullpen so bring someone else in to pitch.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing Hawk say the count got a pitcher. How come the count never gets the opposition's pitcher? Our hitters always seem tricked on 3-2 pitches, yet the A's are just sitting back and pounding whatever is thrown by our pitchers. Again, there's not a f***ing positive at all from this wknd, except that our attendance numbers will look better at end of the season.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
Spoken like someone who has never seen Timo Perez at the plate...

I've seen probably every AB by Timo on the Sox, and with the way each player is swinging, I'd rather have Timo up against a tough righty than I would Rowand.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
First time swept at home this year.  Before the Arizona series we had no home series losses no a month later we have three.

If we don't improve ourselves in some spots, we're going to have a lot more series losses. And that Swisher homer really hurts now, as does allowing that cheap run to Melhuse.