AJ

SkokieSox

Drink to their success: A.J. Pierzynski has been getting a lot of accolades this season for his help with the improvement of the White Sox pitching staff.

But on Saturday, it was Pierzynski that was handing out the gifts. The catcher and his wife Lisa rewarded all four of the Sox All-Stars, Buehrle, Garland, Konerko and Podsednik, with a bottle of Dom Perigon.

I always liked Pierznski. He busts his butt out there and is the reason the pitching staff is where it is. He is like Ozzie. He doesnt say what you want to hear, he says what is on his mind and if that pisses you off, deal with it. AJ rocks! :headbang

The only thing I like to see is him hit the ball and get his avg. to .270

But we still got the 2nd half. Hopefully he'll have a good second half as well.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
They should get him something. Especially the pitching staff. The guy has been a godsend. I just want to see him knee Torii Hunter in the nuts.

:lolhitting :headbang

Torii Hunter

:stupid

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Hey...Frisco...THANKS FOR TAKING THE WORD OF TOMKO OVER AJ.

I knew the moment he handed that $100 to Borchard in the Spring that i was gonna like this guy.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. There is no doubt in my mind who our MVP is right now... and it is the guy behind the mask.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
Hey...Frisco...THANKS FOR TAKING THE WORD OF TOMKO OVER AJ.

I knew the moment he handed that $100 to Borchard in the Spring that i was gonna like this guy.

I said the same thing when I heard that and the story of him kneeing Stan Conte in the nuts as well. funny s***.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
Couldn't have said it any better myself.  There is no doubt in my mind who our MVP is right now... and it is the guy behind the mask.

Not to short anything AJP's done, but I still give the nod to Pods. However, like Hawk was saying in the game today, you can make a case for a lot of the players on this team and not be wrong. That's the key to why we're sitting at 57-29 at the ASB. If we were depending on one player, we wouldn't even be close to where we are now. This is truly a great TEAM.