New Illini Coach

AssHatSoxFan

I personally wanted Judson for our team, but Weber is fine as long as he can recruit. Good job the last few tournaments, i'm surprised somewhat by this move because he was basically going to take over for keady when he retired, he was at purdue from like what 80-98 or something like that.

I hope all of our recruits, minus charlie, stay.

Morissey talks about the loyalty Judson would have provided here in this article.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...ome%2Dheadlines

To me it saids a lot about the national state of Illini basketball when they are on their 3rd coach in a short period of time. Plus they also got turned down by two of their top choices for the job. They still haven't arrived on the national scene's first teir of coaching jobs.

s*** coach at pathectic SIU, this is a joke for illinois to have to settle for this  :angry:

What are you talking about??? this guy is a good coach and I know most people will welcome him with the good work he has down done at SIU. What kind of coach did you expect?? Did you want Coach K of Duke or maybe even Tubby Smith from Kentucky??

He's gonna suck cuz Illini are gonna suck with no good players.  The best years of Illini bball are behind us til the next Bill Self comes along.

Past 3 years Illini have made Elite Eight, Sweet 16, and 2nd round in that order.  Does that tell you what direction we are headed?

However the program was actually on it's way UP if self would have stayed, but according to you it was going down. Im not gonna say it's headed downwards because we lost one damn game to Notre Dame. How far you get in the tourney isn't everything to base success off of.

And s***ty players? are you kidding me? We have the best talent in the Big Ten bar none and have had that the past few years.

s***ty SIU? Anyone notice how else they did these past few years? Making the tourny and causing some chaos? And i'd like to know how you think Weber is "s***ty" besides saying "he's s***ty."

thanks.

What are you talking about??? this guy is a good coach and I know most people will welcome him with the good work he has down done at SIU.  What kind of coach did you expect?? Did you want Coach K of Duke or maybe even Tubby Smith from Kentucky??

I expected better than Weber , oh boy he won in a minor conference.........WHO CARES. People were just crawling over each other to hire the great B.Weber.............HELL NO........ :angry:

I expected better than Weber , oh boy he won in a minor conference.........WHO CARES. People were just crawling over each other to hire the great B.Weber.............HELL NO........ :angry:

Way to provide no evidence yet again...do u know where most good coaches start? Hint, BILL SELF FROM TULSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to provide no evidence yet again...do u know where most good coaches start? Hint, BILL SELF FROM TULSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you all may know, the University of Illinois ranks below Ohio State and Michigan State as schools that I really dislike - I have even traveled to Champaign just to see the Mighty Blue crush the orange in the rinky dink stadium with fake turf and the worst restrooms in the Big 10 -

so it makes no difference to me who coaches Illinois basketball as long as that team cotinues to underacheive. (1989 - NCAA Final Four - Michigan takes out Illinois on its way to winning national title; Bo Schlembechler - then AD - gave a pregame speech before the Illini game which was, in its entirty - "Remember, it's Illinois." That is how we feel about Illinois.)

So that is said to show I have no bias here.

Illinois got itself a good coach, I think a very good coach, in fact a better coach for the long run than Self. The backwards movement of Illinois in the NCAAs cannot be denied. Meanwhile Weber has been bringing a gutsy, well prepared team into the NCAAs. Give him the tools that Illinois has to offer, he will do very, very well.

BFD he came from a small Div I school. That is where coaches come from. Illinois did alright on this one, and this guy might just stay and build a winning program rather than use you and lose you as the last two coaches have.

As you all may know, the University of Illinois ranks below Ohio State and Michigan State as schools that I really dislike -  I have even traveled to Champaign just to see the Mighty Blue crush the orange in the rinky dink stadium with fake turf and the worst restrooms in the Big 10 -

so it makes no difference to me who coaches Illinois basketball as long as that team cotinues to underacheive.  (1989 - NCAA Final Four - Michigan takes out Illinois on its way to winning national title; Bo Schlembechler - then AD - gave a pregame speech before the Illini game which was, in its entirty - "Remember, it's Illinois."  That is how we feel about Illinois.)

So that is said to show I have no bias here.

Illinois got itself a good coach, I think a very good coach, in fact a better coach for the long run than Self.  The backwards movement of Illinois in the NCAAs cannot be denied.  Meanwhile Weber has been bringing a gutsy, well prepared team into the NCAAs.  Give him the tools that Illinois has to offer, he will do very, very well. 

BFD he came from a small Div I school.  That is where coaches come from.  Illinois did alright on this one, and this guy might just stay and build a winning program rather than use you and lose you as the last two coaches have.

Fake turf...actually it's better than the true astroturf they had before. Before you diss the turf, maybe you should ask why we have it. All the high school championships, 1A through 8A are held there, and it's huge for recruiting purposes. There's no way that field could hold up for 8 games in 2 days...so if they went to grass we would not host the championship games.

Now that i established that, i love how you diss our bathrooms. Who gives two s***s. You wanna argue about something, try the sightlines. There isn't one bad seat in memorial stadium, whereas the Big House has a few thousand seats where the players look like ants, it's a joke. You might as well watch the game from a blimp.

Onto bball...I love how a Michigan fan thinks they can talk about ball s***. Do i need to mention the Fab Five...THAT NEVER HAPPENED??!?!?! One of the more embarrassing episodes in college history. Why didn't you come down this year to watch us spank you in Assembly Hall? Er, wait, you could have just stayed in Ann Arbor and watched us beat you there too!!!! :lol:

Oh, and Tommy Amaker is a tool