In case you missed it...

JDsDirtySox

The Angels, who have the second best record in the AL, just got swept at home in a four game series by the 39-48 Seattle Mariners. We aren't the only team that goes into funks.

Enjoy the All-Star Break.

Enjoy the Best Record in Baseball and a 9 game lead in the division.

Only the Cardinals have a bigger divisional lead.

Go White Sox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?ty...rder=false&st=2

Edited by JDsDirtySox

Second half breakdown...

13 games vs. New York + Boston

7 games vs. LA + Texas

20 games vs. Cleveland + Minny

I think we have about 78 games left -- so long as my math is correct. So that's about half. Go .500 against this part of the schedule, a little better against the rest (the 38 other games), and we should be in the playoffs. .500 the rest of the way would put us at 95 wins, which, would be a success.

Halfway home, fellas. :)

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
The Angels, who have the second best record in the AL, just got swept at home in a four game series by the 39-48 Seattle Mariners.  We aren't the only team that goes into funks. 

Go White Sox.

And looking at the standings board you linked, 5 of the top 6 teams enter the break on a skid. Pretty weird stuff. :huh

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
The Angels, who have the second best record in the AL, just got swept at home in a four game series by the 39-48 Seattle Mariners.  We aren't the only team that goes into funks. 

Go White Sox.

That actually does make me feel a little better..

I love bringing my son to the fundamentals deck. It can make any bad game seem good.

From todays game. For those who need to feel good about this game. Here it is. God I love my new digital camera.

02e2821c.jpg

b2912107.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
Second half breakdown...

13 games vs. New York + Boston

7 games vs. LA + Texas

20 games vs. Cleveland + Minny

I think we have about 78 games left -- so long as my math is correct.  So that's about half. Go .500 against this part of the schedule, a little better against the rest (the 38 other games), and we should be in the playoffs.  .500 the rest of the way would put us at 95 wins, which, would be a success.

Halfway home, fellas.  :)

You forgot Detroit...complete starting lineup back in place...will be a b**** to be them now...IMO they are better now than both Cleveland & Minny...

Scary is that we struggled against Tim Stauffer (SD) & Ervin Santana (ANA)...oh sorry that was because I went to both those games....

Here is a list of the pitchers we didn't get:

1. Only faced Johan Santana 1 time of the 5 played

2. CC Sabathia 1 time in 9 played

3. Didn't face Jamie Moyer (SEA)

4. Didnt face Roy Halladay (TOR)

5. Didn't face Kenny Rogers in 5 played

6. Mark Prior only 1 time in 6 played

7. Bartolo Colon 1 time in 7 played (ANA)

8. No Jake Peavy or Adam Eaton vs SD

Outside of Detroit the other teams pitching staffs might as well be farm clubs...colorado, tampa, kc, dodgers, az....

What was it a couple of years ago we got no breaks...we hit every teams win streak....this year so far the exact opposite...

GO SOX great first half...

Detroit -- LOL.

Yep, I'm shaking in my boots -- I fear the rotation of Bonderman, Maroth, Robertson, and Johnson! Oh, and that bullpen! Troy Percival! Kyle Farnsworth! Oh no!

When Detroit gets some pitching, let me know. Cleveland can rake. And they got some pitchers. And, Minnesota's pitching staff runs circles around Detroit's.

Words to live by my friend -- DE-TROIT SUCKS, DE-TROIT SUCKS!

Sorry, you could tell I miss hockey -- a lot. Gotta use the phrase somewhere, though...

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)

Go White Sox.

You're the man Jd. I feel a lot better now.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
You forgot Detroit...IMO they are better now than both Cleveland & Minny... 

Come on. The Twins are a much better team than Detroit. You have got to be the only person on this site who would say otherwise.

I like Detroit's defense up the middle, a few of their young pitchers, and their batting order when everyone is healthy. 85 wins wouldn't be out of the question for that team. However, the Twins have one of the the best overall pitching staffs in the majors, and arguably the best bullpen in the majors. Their position players ain't too shabby either. They are, without question, a 90 win team, and that is not something you can say about the Tigers.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Detroit -- LOL.

Yep, I'm shaking in my boots -- I fear the rotation of Bonderman, Maroth, Robertson, and Johnson!  Oh, and that bullpen!  Troy Percival!  Kyle Farnsworth!  Oh no!

When Detroit gets some pitching, let me know.  Cleveland can rake.  And they got some pitchers.  And, Minnesota's pitching staff runs circles around Detroit's. 

Words to live by my friend -- DE-TROIT SUCKS, DE-TROIT SUCKS!

Sorry, you could tell I miss hockey -- a lot.  Gotta use the phrase somewhere, though...

Their pitching honestly ain't that bad but their offense isn't spectacular. They are the antisox on offense they have a lot of guys who have good individual numbers but can't get the big hit when they need to. Percival has been horrendous though as of late in their pen so hopefully that'll continue. For the record there is one team in the division that worries me and it isn't Detroit. They aren't going anywhere this year but they do have a bright future.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
The chick holding the credit card....I call her squeaks. Hearing her talk makes your ears bleed.

Especially if its over the stadium speakers...whose f***ing idea was that? Ouch.

Back to the original idea...it made me feel better that the Angels lost...hopefully cross eyes took a nice beating in one of those games! :bang he looks like the guy on the left side