Kevin Walker

Dick Allen

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
El Duque, Gload, Marte?

That's what I'm hearing. El Duque should be called up for the 1st game against the Tigers on Monday.

The positives on the sweep:

- Bye-bye Kevin Walker, Wille Harris and Bobby Jenks.

- The team has a reason to keep playing hard day in and day out. No cake walk into the post season. An 11 or 12 game lead into the break might have given some of these guys too much of a cushion. I want to see this team bust ass until the final game. Teams that coast in don't seem to do as well in post season play.

- Getting swept also magnified some of our weaknesses. KW will have more reason to go out and tweak this team. Lets face it we need more help in the pen, another reliable starter and one more bat.

BTW - YIPPEE!! My 100th post!

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
That's what I'm hearing.  El Duque should be called up for the 1st game against the Tigers on Monday.

The positives on the sweep:

- Bye-bye Kevin Walker, Wille Harris and Bobby Jenks.

- The team has a reason to keep playing hard day in and day out.  No cake walk into the post season.  An 11 or 12 game lead into the break might have given some of these guys too much of a cushion.  I want to see this team bust ass until the final game.  Teams that coast in don't seem to do as well in post season play.

- Getting swept also magnified some of our weaknesses.  KW will have more reason to go out and tweak this team.  Lets face it we need more help in the pen, another reliable starter and one more bat.

BTW - YIPPEE!!  My 100th post!

El Duque pitched 4 innings today giving up 4 hits and 1 run

Marte pitched 1.2 innings giving up 4 hits and 1 run with 1 BB and 1 K and 1 WP

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
El Duque pitched 4 innings today giving up 4 hits and 1 run

Marte pitched 1.2 innings giving up 4 hits and 1 run with 1 BB and 1 K and 1 WP

Sounds like El Duque did alright. Marte on the other hand.... :crying

Is there a reason that they made the switch after today's game instead of on Thursday morning? Maybe Marte could have gotten a little more work in over the next few days? But I don't know jack about the minors. Maybe they're not playing during the break also?? :huh

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
Quick question.  How many more times are we going to see Walker again this year?

I want to say none, but I have a feeling we'll see him at least one more time.

i don't know why they called him up again, he is a waste of space. he serves no purpose on the roster, and i'm sure there is someone in the minors better than him

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Quick question.  How many more times are we going to see Walker again this year?

I want to say none, but I have a feeling we'll see him at least one more time.

Ideally we'll see him again when he pitches for an opponent (meaning we trade his sorry ass).

More realistically we'll see him for the Sept call-ups.

i don't know why they called him up again, he is a waste of space.  he serves no purpose on the roster, and i'm sure there is someone in the minors better than him

I'm not so sure there is, and therein lies the problem.

Bajenaru > Walker, no?

While I agree with what you're saying, there are two lefties on the roster as much for them being lefthanded as forcing the other managers into moves they might not want to make.

Sounds strange but having two lefties can force the opposition managers hand, yes, even if one of the lefties is Kevin Walker.

Anyway it will be Marte and Cotts now, and hopefully both stay healthy.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Ideally we'll see him again when he pitches for an opponent (meaning we trade his sorry ass).

More realistically we'll see him for the Sept call-ups.

Yep -- we might see Baj and Walker up here, maybe along with Munoz and Diaz, too. Err -- maybe not all four, but we'll probably see at least two. You get up to 40 men come September, right?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
While I agree with what you're saying, there are two lefties on the roster as much for them being lefthanded as forcing the other managers into moves they might not want to make.

Sounds strange but having two lefties can force the opposition managers hand, yes, even if one of the lefties is Kevin Walker.

Anyway it will be Marte and Cotts now, and hopefully both stay healthy.

i don't care if walker is lefty, i would rather see baj face lefties than walker.

i don't care if walker is lefty, i would rather see baj face lefties than walker.

Well you might not care and I might not care, but it does change the strategy for how the opposition managers approach a move. The ideal situation is, the White Sox get a better LH relief option in case Marte or Cotts have problems.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I would much rather see Arnie Munoz come up as a lefty reliever than EVER see Walker again....

I agree with you there. Baj and Munoz should come up instead of Walker. I dont want to see him again.