Foulke, Singleton are we hexed?

greg775

Why oh why? You tell me.

Foulke shuts us down completely and gets the save.

Singleton gets the hits.

Somebody needs to keep track of all the former Sox who kick out ass and gain revenge.

Why couldn't we plate two in the ninth off Foulke and win?

Cause we are the Sox.

His double was absolutely perfect mechanically and he ripped a fastball for a single opposite field. 2-3 off of Zito, hitting them all hard is a good night in my books and the way he did it made it look oh so much better.

In the ninth he was burned because he kept expecting a changeup so he was trying to stay back instead of crushing those fastballs.

His double was absolutely perfect mechanically and he ripped a fastball for a single opposite field.  2-3 off of Zito, hitting them all hard is a good night in my books and the way he did it made it look oh so much better.

In the ninth he was burned because he kept expecting a changeup so he was trying to stay back instead of crushing those fastballs.

im not sure jas...zito is a pitcher that should normally handcuff paulie...but his bnat is so slow right now he is swinging to zito's speed..foulke throws 90 mph fastballs...konerko couldnt handle it...i was also watching him move around first since so many grounders were hit his way..he really looks like he is moving awkwardly (even for him)..io got a feeling we are gonna be suffering with paulie this year...looks lik that hip problem that moved him to first base in the first place is back...maybe we should let frank get some time at first and DH konerko???

Guest hotsoxchick1
His double was absolutely perfect mechanically and he ripped a fastball for a single opposite field.  2-3 off of Zito, hitting them all hard is a good night in my books and the way he did it made it look oh so much better.

that and the 5 thousand other thing he did wrong tonite will get ya a cookie...........screw it we looked like s*** after about the 5th inning tonite and thats that.............. :angry: plain and simple..........

Why oh why? You tell me.

Foulke shuts us down completely and gets the save.

Singleton gets the hits.

Somebody needs to keep track of all the former Sox who kick out ass and gain revenge.

Why couldn't we plate two in the ninth off Foulke and win?

Cause we are the Sox.

If you've been a fan as long as me the list is long. I always knew Foulke would be a stud closer for the A's. I just hoped Koch would be the same for us. Hopefullly he will be. Singleton was ripped a new one on every Sox board I visited. I always liked the guy. You know in their hearts both guys loved it last nite.

Guys.. it seems that Paul's hip condition is a LOT worse than is being let on. Looks like it's progressing quickly and he is in a constant state of pain with the intensity coming and going. This is completely speculation on my part.. but once it gets to the point of "daily constant pain" and the soaking, heat, and rubdowns aren't doing any good.. it's not long after that where it becomes unbearable to even live daily life. I hope that the news is a gross imbelishment.. but I dunno. He was very "gingerly" last night. Almost fighting the urge to baby it. I think his low profile, quietness, engagement, and pretty much halt of "goofing around" is because he knows that the clock is ticking. I hope I'm wrong. He's way too young for this to happen to.

I didn't see the fifth inning triple that Singleton hit over Rowand's head.  Did he realy tattoo it, or was it catchable?  That was the key hit of the game.

Rowand misplayed it into a triple. It was over his head and it bounced off the track then the wall and bounced back over his head towards the IF. He got caught in between of trying to catch it, and trying to play it off of the wall. It should have been only a 2B.

Rowand misplayed it into a triple.  It was over his head and it bounced off the track then the wall and bounced back over his head towards the IF.  He got caught in between of trying to catch it, and trying to play it off of the wall.  It should have been only a 2B.

Other than that play, Rowand played his best game of the season.

Guys.. it seems that Paul's hip condition is a LOT worse than is being let on. Looks like it's progressing quickly and he is in a constant state of pain with the intensity coming and going. This is completely speculation on my part.. but once it gets to the point of "daily constant pain" and the soaking, heat, and rubdowns aren't doing any good.. it's not long after that where it becomes unbearable to even live daily life. I hope that the news is a gross imbelishment.. but I dunno. He was very "gingerly" last night. Almost fighting the urge to baby it. I think his low profile, quietness, engagement, and pretty much halt of "goofing around" is because he knows that the clock is ticking. I hope I'm wrong. He's way too young for this to happen to.

I was afraid of something like this. He's a real good hitter when he's on. I like his swing. Is this arthritis? What is is it? Perhaps it's fixable. Hope so because PK should have a long and productive career.

I was afraid of something like this. He's a real good hitter when he's on. I like his swing. Is this arthritis? What is is it? Perhaps it's fixable. Hope so because PK should have a long and productive career.

Same condition as Belle. Albert was diagnosed at 30. Within 3 years he was in so much pain it was a task to walk. I don't know when Paul got diagnosed. And the only thing to do is surgery.. but Bo was never the same after his so I doubt Paul would come back from it.

Is this talk of a hip condition just speculation or is it something that was reported? Has Paulie ever said anything? The only injury I am aware of is the fact PK had a cracked or broken bone in his foot last year.

Quite honestly.. I have no idea if it's ever been reported. I hate the media, and I rarely ever listen or watch the bulls***.

Anyone.. has Paul's condition ever been confirmed to the public? :huh:

Quite honestly.. I have no idea if it's ever been reported. I hate the media, and I rarely ever listen or watch the bulls***.

it was reported about 5 years ago..it was one of the reason why he moved out from behimd the plate in the minors and eventually to 1st base...so he has had it for awhile now

it was reported about 5 years ago..it was one of the reason why he moved out from behimd the plate in the minors and eventually to 1st base...so he has had it for awhile now

Yikes!! That's not good. 5 years..? He's held up amazingly then.

My question is why did we give this guy a 3 year contract with a degenerative hip condition?  Unless the insurance money is easily recoverable?

I don't know the levels of intensity, but I know that Albert played one day with slight pain and then the next he could barely move. I'm assuming the condition and how far along it is has a lot to do with the abilities of a person. Could have been that Paul was fine and the hip looked good when they did the physical? Or maybe the DR is a Cubs fan and he sub'd a pic of someone elses hip to make it appear Paul was healthy.. :huh: ??

;)