Baines

IlliniKrush

I think it is interesting that they are saying Gary Ward asked for Harold's help.  It says a lot for the impact Harold made in the short time he was here again.  Good luck to Harold and I hope he does become a permanent hire.

Here here to HAL

somehow Harold always seemed so quiet to me that I cannot picture him as a coach -

and of course I could totally be wrong on that.

So I am asking those who know him or have watched him through the years: does Harold have a coach's temperment? Is he the teacher type?

And as far as that goes, I'd have the Sox hire as many hitting coaches as necessary. Why the hell not have 2 or 3 hitting coaches? Different players respond to different people better and I am for whatever works here to get our bats going.

somehow Harold always seemed so quiet to me that I cannot picture him as a coach -

So I am asking those who know him or have watched him through the years: does Harold have a coach's temperment? Is he the teacher type?

And as far as that goes, I'd have the Sox hire as many hitting coaches as necessary.  Why the hell not have 2 or 3 hitting coaches?  Different players respond to different people better and I am for whatever works here to get our bats going.

You said exactly what I was thinking when I first heard Harold was helping as a hitting coach. I think the man is so well respected that any self respecting ball player would listen to him. Harold was always a gentleman and just an all-around great player. To bad his knees gave out or I think he would have been a perenial hitting leader ad full-time player.

I think Harold has the right temperment for a hitting coach. I know from my experience as a ballplayer I just hated the big mouths that had to yell at you for everything instead of being patient and helping you through the rough spots.

And as far as that goes, I'd have the Sox hire as many hitting coaches as necessary.  Why the hell not have 2 or 3 hitting coaches?  Different players respond to different people better and I am for whatever works here to get our bats going.

You said exactly what I was thinking when I first heard Harold was helping as a hitting coach. I think the man is so well respected that any self respecting ball player would listen to him. Harold was always a gentleman and just an all-around great player. To bad his knees gave out or I think he would have been a perenial hitting leader ad full-time player.

I think Harold has the right temperment for a hitting coach. I know from my experience as a ballplayer I just hated the big mouths that had to yell at you for everything instead of being patient and helping you through the rough spots.

There must have been some reason that Gary Ward ASKED KW to bring Baines in. It isn't like Harold was calling looking for a job.