Splits for ARow

tonyho7476

I would personally have A-Row batting 7th or 8 th right now, and that's being nice.

He was doing well early in the 3 spot, but Thomas, Kong, and Dye/Everett should be our 3-4-5. Nobody on this team can approach Thomas' OPS potential.

QUOTE(ISF @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I would personally have A-Row batting 7th or 8 th right now, and that's being nice.

He was doing well early in the 3 spot, but Thomas, Kong, and Dye/Everett should be our 3-4-5. Nobody on this team can approach Thomas' OPS potential.

I realize...I'm just trying to figure out how to get Aaron going...and to get Kong down in the lineup...

Frank is our 3 hitter, and a perfect one at that. On this team, ARow is a 6 or 7. My dream lineup is almost what Ozzie puts out there everyday.

pods

gooch

frank

konerko

dye

rowand

pierzynski

crede

uribe.

rowand doesnt deserve the 3 spot.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
I would like to see how Aaron has done when batting third....it seems to me he is best in that spot. 

Consider for a minute that the vast, vast majority of pitchers in this league are right-handed.

Aaron against right-handers:

AB: 218

OPS: .675 :o

AVG: .252

I love Aaron out in the field, and I am hoping that he can finish the year with a .280 to .285 AVG, but he's extremely ineffective vs. right-handed pitching.

Is that who you want batting the the #3 hole? IMO, no freaking way.

Oddly enough Arow was very hot at the point this article was done. Raising his average to .287, hitting .331 in a series of games. Then he decides he wants to make a change. Go for more power. This I would suggest is why his average and hits have gone down. Why change your focking swing in the middle of the season when you are doing well.

Rowands Tinkering

But Rowand is a perfectionist. While he fully admits his swing is pretty good right now, Rowand still points to the timing and rhythm of his approach that need to improve in order to catch the ball more out front, get the ball up in the air and drive it on a consistent basis.
Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Consider for a minute that the vast, vast majority of pitchers in this league are right-handed.

Aaron against right-handers:

AB: 218

OPS: .675 :o

AVG: .252

I love Aaron out in the field, and I am hoping that he can finish the year with a .280 to .285 AVG, but he's extremely ineffective vs. right-handed pitching.

Is that who you want batting the the #3 hole?  IMO, no freaking way.

The strange thing is, last year he actually hit RHP better than he did LHP. Like .315 on the year. For much less power than against LHP though so his OPS against righties was lower but still he was making good contact. I guess it was just an anomaly. Either way, discussing this year's Rowand in the 3 hole with the other players we have on this team is not a good idea.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
The strange thing is, last year he actually hit RHP better than he did LHP.  Like .315 on the year.  For much less power than against LHP though so his OPS against righties was lower but still he was making good contact.  I guess it was just an anomaly.  Either way, discussing this year's Rowand in the 3 hole with the other players we have on this team is not a good idea.

That's right.

2005: .250 AVG

2004: .315 AVG

2003: .250 AVG

2002: .255 AVG

All kinds of messed up s*** happened at USCF last year from an offensive standpoint. Buehrle had a 5.00+ ERA :o

The 3 spot is for a high on base percentage guy that hits for power but has decent speed. Typically your best overall hitter. This is also usually a guy who fits into your small ball philosophy. #3 is not a good spot for Frank right now. He keeps getting up in bunting situations and, being Frank, does not bunt. He also loves to strike out in those situations. I say no to Frank in the 3 hole. When Aaron is doing well (and hitting a few more homers) he's perfect for the spot, but right now theres not really anyone made for that spot. Don't forget Tad played in the 3 spot in Japan.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
The 3 spot is for a high on base percentage guy that hits for power but has decent speed. Typically your best overall hitter. This is also usually a guy who fits into your small ball philosophy. #3 is not a good spot for Frank right now. He keeps getting up in bunting situations and, being Frank, does not bunt. He also loves to strike out in those situations. I say no to Frank in the 3 hole. When Aaron is doing well (and hitting a few more homers) he's perfect for the spot, but right now theres not really anyone made for that spot. Don't forget Tad played in the 3 spot in Japan.

Oh great...the grimace guy is on my side...and he is in the El Duque fan club. :P

I was thinking of the ARow of last year for the 3 spot...not our current ARow...but maybe last year was a fluke...

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)

I think Dye is meant for the 3 spot right now. He is hitting very well as of late and you can;t complain about his turnaround since the first month and a half... :huh

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
I can't tell if anyone gave his lineup order splits, so here they are:

Batting BA OBP SLUG HR

2nd 1.000 1.000 2.500 1

3rd  .272 .321 .379 1

5th  .300 .374 .413 2

6th  .256  .302 .344 1

7th  .258 .333 .333

8th  .500 .500 .500

well then lets just bat him 2nd all the time then dammit.

i think he's fine in the 6 slot. the reason his BA's are higher elsewhere is because he hasnt batted there as often. I think last year was an abberration, and he's just a .275-.280 hitter.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
I think Dye is meant for the 3 spot right now. He is hitting very well as of late and you can;t complain about his turnaround since the first month and a half... :huh

There ya go...then Frank...then Konerko...whatever drops Kong...i hate his ass right now...and I hate the rest of him

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
I can't tell if anyone gave his lineup order splits, so here they are:

Batting BA OBP SLUG HR

2nd 1.000 1.000 2.500 1

3rd  .272 .321 .379 1

5th  .300 .374 .413 2

6th  .256  .302 .344 1

7th  .258 .333 .333

8th  .500 .500 .500

So it bold down to 2, 5, and 8? Well then, 2nd goes to Gooch, 8th will go between Crede/Uribe, and it seems as f 5th is set for him right? Wrong. He is not batting well enough to drive in runs and get on base at the 5th spot. Put it this way, he would be leading off the 2nd inning a lot then and we don't need automatic outs. I think it should look something like this:

W/ Frank:

Pods

Gooch

Frank

Dye

PK

Aaron

AJ

Crede

Uribe

W/ Carl:

Pods

Gooch

Dye

Carl

PK

Aaron

AJ

Crede

Uribe

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
The key to both of those is not where you put ARow, it's that you're dropping PK.

Pretty much. Aaron has been slumping and as far as PK is concerned, HOPEFULLY that 5-6 game he just had gets him on a bit of a tear. We'll have to wait and see through that Cleveland series ot tell. As far as I'm concerned, moving Dye and Carl up and moving PK and Aaron down is the key.