63 yr old prostitute hanging it up

Soxy

Odd story

Granny grows tired of prostitution at age 63

Mon Jul 11, 9:15 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A Berlin grandmother who has worked the city's diplomatic quarter as a prostitute for the last 49 years plans to retire when she turns 64 next year, according to Germany's Bild newspaper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Even though prostitutes were forced to leave the area after the Berlin Wall, fell because dead-end streets in the downtrodden district were re-connected to east Berlin and property values surged, Renate Dolle was allowed to stay, Bild said.

"I've got a lot of regular clients," the blonde woman told the newspaper, pictured wearing a short red mini skirt and high-heeled white boots as she stood near the Japanese embassy. She said she charges 30 euros ($36) and on good nights she has four to five clients.

"I'm going to stop at 64 and retire," said Dolle, whose husband drops her off for work each night after the television evening news and who has a nine-year-old granddaughter.

She is one of 10,000 prostitutes in Berlin and 400,000 in Germany, where prostitution is legal. Dolle said she tried to work in a popular red light district nearby recently but was chased away by younger competitors.

"What do you want here, you old whore, get lost," Dolle said they shouted at her. "What did I ever do to them?"

Okay, I don't really know much about prostitution--but isn't $36 REALLY cheap? Hasn't she upped her price since she started?

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Okay, I don't really know much about prostitution--but isn't $36 REALLY cheap? Hasn't she upped her price since she started?

If you think anyone is going to touch that question with a 39 1/2 foot pole, you've got another thing coming, ChiSoxyGirl.

Hehhehheh.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
If you think anyone is going to touch that question with a 39 1/2 foot pole, you've got another thing coming, ChiSoxyGirl.

Hehhehheh.

I was stopped at a redlight and a prostitute offered me oral sex for seven dollars... yada yada yada.... i had the lobster bisk.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:14 AM)
I'd wonder how many STD's she has...why would you sell your body if there's a great risk of AIDS?

Well its such a big practice in Germany im sure some safety requirements are taken. Not a lot but maybe some.

As for the husband dropping her off part, well Ill say this. If I did marry a prostitute and I wouldnt, unless I met her not knowing she was a prostitute... anyways If I found out after we were dating for like 1 or 2 years I probably wouldnt break up with her but id have her checked for std's and than demand she stops doing it.