What movie ending shocked you?

Soxy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
The 'I see dead people" movie with Bruce Willis and that kid.

That's the one that came to mind immediately for me as well. I am sure there are others, but my brain is fried right now.

I don't know how I managed not to find out, but the ending to The Sixth Sense truly did surprise me.

Back when I was a kid, I was completely surprised the first time I saw the original Night of the Living Dead and the fate that befell the protagonist of that film ('the black guy') the morning after the events of the film. :o

I agree with everything except for Saw. That movie f***ing sucked. No other words to describe it. That movie was built around trying to make a "twist" ending (like M. Night Shyamalan's flops, excluding Sixth Sense), and it failed. Ooh, it might be the doctor...ooh, it could be Danny Glover (who really had no point in this movie, unfortunately)...ooh, it might be the nurse. Or, it might be the guy who's in the movie for three tenths of a second (that's a little too Scream 2 for me). Plus, the acting was terrible and this is coming from a guy that really doesn't recognize good or bad acting.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 05:13 PM)
I agree with everything except for Saw.  That movie f***ing sucked.  No other words to describe it.  That movie was built around trying to make a "twist" ending (like M. Night Shyamalan's flops, excluding Sixth Sense), and it failed.  Ooh, it might be the doctor...ooh, it could be Danny Glover (who really had no point in this movie other than to be killed, unfortunately)...ooh, it might be the nurse.  Or, it might be the guy who's in the movie for three tenths of a second (that's a little too Scream 2 for me).  Plus, the acting was terrible and this is coming from a guy that really doesn't recognize good or bad acting.

We appreciate your opinion....but that movie was awesome. :headbang :D

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I agree with everything except for Saw.  That movie f***ing sucked.  No other words to describe it.  That movie was built around trying to make a "twist" ending (like M. Night Shyamalan's flops, excluding Sixth Sense), and it failed.  Ooh, it might be the doctor...ooh, it could be Danny Glover (who really had no point in this movie other than to be killed, unfortunately)...ooh, it might be the nurse.  Or, it might be the guy who's in the movie for three tenths of a second (that's a little too Scream 2 for me).  Plus, the acting was terrible and this is coming from a guy that really doesn't recognize good or bad acting.

7.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387564/

That's pretty damn good for that site.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
6th sense was the one that came to mind, like everyone elses.

Also, signs had the dumbest ending of all time.

I actually figured out the ending around the middle of the film and ruined the ending for thsoe around me. The same for the Interpreter, the Others and to a lesser degree The Usual Suspects (although, I underestimated the ending). Consequently, 1 ex and many friends won't see scary movies with me.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
I actually figured out the ending around the middle of the film and ruined the ending for thsoe around me. The same for the Interpreter, the Others and to a lesser degree The Usual Suspects (although, I underestimated the ending). Consequently, 1 ex and many friends won't see scary movies with me.

Oh you're THAT girl.

My wife will 'claim' she has every film figured out, but won't say so til the end.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Oh you're THAT girl. 

My wife will 'claim' she has every film figured out, but won't say so til the end.

I'm better about it now. But I always think that if I've figured it out it must be so obvious that everyone else has. . .