What movie ending shocked you?

Soxy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
  Plus, the acting was terrible and this is coming from a guy that really doesn't recognize good or bad acting.

:lol: That's me exactly what this movie. For the most part I can't tell good or bad acting but the acting was so overdone it was ridiculous. I laughed through most of the movie because of the acting. Anyways, I thought the story was really cool but overall I wasn't a big fan of it.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
A lot of people hate it but I loved the ending of Saw.  The Fight Club ending was very neat as well.

I despised the end of Fight Club. Not the part where it's revealed that the guy is nuts (that was cool), but the apocalyptic city in flames stuff was waaaaay over the top.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
I'm showing my age here, but the ending to House of Games[/iwas really good.  Also, a very little noticed film that was Clive Owen's first effort in the US, Croupier had a good ending.

Oooh, that was that Joe Mantegna flick... good call, very shocking ending.

In that same vein, from about the same time, whet about the ending to The Grifters?

regarding saw... i personally liked the movie alot....

BUT....

I had the feeling the entire time that there was going to be a huge flip-flop ending... I think that the entire purpose of the movie was to have a surprise ending which was ok because i didnt see it coming, but again i dont really like forced creativity, and thats what it felt like.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Oooh, that was that Joe Mantegna flick... good call, very shocking ending.

In that same vein, from about the same time, whet about the ending to The Grifters?

Agreed, another good one. Also, The Spanish Prisoner was pretty good. I am a sucker for those psychological thrillers.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:14 PM)
A good movie if ur looking to see a psychological thriller... The Machinist with Christian Bale.... he lost 90 lbs for that movie....

There are also some boobies in the movie.

I rented it when it first came out. Good movie. Bale is one of the better actors today. He was also good in Equilibrium.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
regarding saw... i personally liked the movie alot....

BUT....

I had the feeling the entire time that there was going to be a huge flip-flop ending... I think that the entire purpose of the movie was to have a surprise ending which was ok because i didnt see it coming, but again i dont really like forced creativity, and thats what it felt like.

The story and ending in Saw was absolutely awesome, the acting was some of the worse ive seen since the last Keanu Reeves movie ive seen.

This happened to me in Titanic and other movies.

Though I know the way the movie will end, I always hope to myself, "dont sink Titanic, they'll come save you." Reality is: They all die. Yay.

Same with Episode III I kept thinking "Dont go Anakin, theres still time to be good"