Injun series

southsideirish71

So at least according to ESPN.com, it's Contreras against Millwood...

Garland against Sabbathia

Anyone know the other 2 slots? Will we see El Duque? (Has he received a scheduled date to pitch in AAA yet like they said they would with him?)

Garland & Buehrle may be flipped according to Ozzie. It depends on how they're used in the All-Star Game. El Duque is scheduled for July 18 v. Detroit (Magg$ return to Chicago).

Guillen has set up his post-break rotation so that Jon Garland will follow Buehrle, the opposite of their first-half routine. Buehrle will pitch Saturday in Cleveland and Garland on Sunday.

"I'm a little concerned because [buehrle] just threw on Saturday and all of a sudden he will have to throw Tuesday and [saturday will be] on three days' rest," Guillen said. "The way he throws, hopefully Buehrle can throw two innings in five pitches.

"I don't worry about that, I just worry about getting him back [healthy]. If they use him for more than two innings, we might flip-flop them and put Garland in front of Buehrle [against Cleveland]. It depends on how they use them."

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
So at least according to ESPN.com, it's Contreras against Millwood...

Garland against Sabbathia

Anyone know the other 2 slots?  Will we see El Duque?  (Has he received a scheduled date to pitch in AAA yet like they said they would with him?)

Garland is going on Sunday, he's being moved behind Buehlre, who pitches on Saturday.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Contreras

Garcia

Buehrle

Garland

Hernandez

Thank god this is only to start the 2nd half. I do like Garcia right after Contreras though and then Buehrle and Garland and then El Duque. It mixes up the rotation so the pposition doesnt see similar things in back to back days.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Garland & Buehrle may be flipped according to Ozzie.  It depends on how they're used in the All-Star Game.  El Duque is scheduled for July 18 v. Detroit (Magg$ return to Chicago).

That's if Maggs doens't get hurt... ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Thank god this is only to start the 2nd half. I do like Garcia right after Contreras though and then Buehrle and Garland and then El Duque. It mixes up the rotation so the pposition doesnt see similar things in back to back days.

Wait, doesnt this mean that Contreras and ElDuque will be back to back again?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Millwood

Sabathia

Westbrook

Earlton

Plain Dealer

Hopefully the boys rest up during the break.  The first assignment after the break is a tough one.

We've schooled Cleveland pretty well all season long. I say we get at least 3 of these 4.