Official All-Star Game Thread 7-12-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Would it be wrong to say that Arod looks like GayRod with those white shoes?

yes it would. Use another word. Don't insult our gay friends by comparing them to ARod.

yes, JB won the 2000 game, but gave up a homerun.

Johan Santana in BTW. And yes, as we all said, Baldwin did win that game in Turner Field:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/history/...page=recap_2000

Note: In that 2000 ASG, there were 6 current/former White Sox players on the AL team:

Robbie Alomar

James Baldwin

Ray Durham

Jermaine Dye

Carl Everett

Magglio Ordonez

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
Santana was a one year wonder.. he shouldnt even be an all star except Minnesota has nothing else to send to the game

Except of course he's leading the league in strikeouts, and Nathan is also there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Except of course he's leading the league in strikeouts, and Nathan is also there.

hes a full game type of pitcher, hes always bad in his first inning

nice dp

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Santana was a one year wonder.. he shouldnt even be an all star except Minnesota has nothing else to send to the game

Nathan's in the game. Don't count Santana out either, he went nuts in the 2nd half last year.

Nathan's in the game.  Don't count Santana out either, he went nuts in the 2nd half last year.

I know Nathan is in the game.. both those Twins dont belong there.. Hermanson shoulda been in before Nathan, without bias, and I think most would agree.. but Santana isnt having an all star year, thats what I meant

I wouldn't call him a 1 year wonder, cause he's still damn good.  But I don't think he's as good as he was last year.  Then again, not many pitchers have years like Santana did last year.

No he is a one year wonder.. he may be solid but I seriously doubt he has another 20+ win season with an era in the 2's