Official All-Star Game Thread 7-12-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
I know Nathan is in the game.. both those Twins dont belong there.. Hermanson shoulda been in before Nathan, without bias, and I think most would agree.. but Santana isnt having an all star year, thats what I meant

Agreed on both accounts.

Ok, I think everyone can find something to agree with in this statement...

Neither Santana nor Nathan are having the seasons they had last year, and neither of them have numbers that on their own would make them an all star. Their numbers last year are the reasons they are there. Neither one of them really deserves it, but at least 1 of them had to be included.

Ok, I think everyone can find something to agree with in this statement...

Neither Santana nor Nathan are having the seasons they had last year, and neither of them have numbers that on their own would make them an all star.  Their numbers last year are the reasons they are there.  Neither one of them really deserves it, but at least 1 of them had to be included.

You are correct sir

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
No he is a one year wonder.. he may be solid but I seriously doubt he has another 20+ win season with an era in the 2's

I guess it depends on your definition for 1 year wonder. When I think of a 1 year wonder, I think of Estaban Loaiza: 1 great year and a bunch of crappy to mediocre years. While I agree that Santana isn't really as good as he was last year, he's still a damn good pitcher and an ace on many staffs.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
I guess it depends on your definition for 1 year wonder.  When I think of a 1 year wonder, I think of Estaban Loaiza:  1 great year and a bunch of crappy to mediocre years.  While I agree that Santana isn't really as good as he was last year, he's still a damn good pitcher and an ace on many staffs.

loaiza is doing pretty well this year

I guess it depends on your definition for 1 year wonder.  When I think of a 1 year wonder, I think of Estaban Loaiza:  1 great year and a bunch of crappy to mediocre years.  While I agree that Santana isn't really as good as he was last year, he's still a damn good pitcher and an ace on many staffs.

Well.. you dont think going from a 20 game winner and dominating ERA to an almost .500 record with an ERA near 4 isnt a huge drop off? I think it is.. Unless he goes 13-0 with an ERA in the 1's the second half he isnt coming close to what he was last season.. and you gotta look at what he has done before last year.. 12 wins was the high, and i know he was a reliever for a while but still.. Now that he was a full time starter last year maybe he snuck up on some people, but this year he has been FAR from the same.. K's still there though

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Bet dollars to doughnuts that he's a Cub fan.

KevHead... Sweet Avatar

thats a great photo in the old comiskey...

I wonder if I have one in a photo album someplace....