Official All-Star Game Thread 7-12-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
It is what he did last season, but what im saying is I do not think that he will do it again..

That's fair but I'm just saying don't call him a one year wonder just yet, this is when he took off last year, so who knows.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
Well.. you dont think going from a 20 game winner and dominating ERA to an almost .500 record with an ERA near 4 isnt a huge drop off? I think it is.. Unless he goes 13-0 with an ERA in the 1's the second half he isnt coming close to what he was last season.. and you gotta look at what he has done before last year.. 12 wins was the high, and i know he was a reliever for a while but still.. Now that he was a full time starter last year maybe he snuck up on some people, but this year he has been FAR from the same.. K's still there though

We basically agree that he isn't as good as he was last year. We disagree on how much worse he is. Thats fine. All I know is that I still don't like seeing him on the mound when we're playing Minnesota.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
KevHead... Sweet Avatar

thats a great photo in the old comiskey...

I wonder if I have one in a photo album someplace....

...and the late great Gene Sheppard.

My parents got me that "White Sox History" video when I was about 10 years old. I always thought it was funny that they got the same guy who narrated the Christmas Story to narrate the Sox history video.

Anyone else wondering what we would have been like with Clement instead of El Dookie????

EDIT: As Clement walks Abreu, 1 on 2 out for Beltran.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Signing Clement instead of the Duke would have meant no Aj and no Gooch.

Ahhhh yes. That is a big reason we are where we are. Well, technically, you are right but I mean hypothetically as in we still would have Gooch and AJ. :bang

The legend Roger Clemens comes in for the NL. Ortiz up since Ichiro was picked off. Anderson and Manny due up after I believe. Cabrera in at LF, Andruw Jones in CF pushing Jim Edmonds to RF for the NL outfield.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
LaRussa making a bet that the NL will score in the top of the 6th.....against Jon.  <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_huh.png" alt=":huh:">

Buck it up everyone. Garland is next. Come on Jon. Go and prove Larussa wrong.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
LaRussa making a bet that the NL will score in the top of the 6th.....against Jon.  <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_huh.png" alt=":huh:">

hopefully garland asked the count to pay the ump to tip his pitches