Feelings on the Hawk

I was just curious as to how everybody out there actually felt about our Sox announcer Ken "Hawk" Harrelson. He's the only announcer that I've really ever known for the Sox (besides DJ, Wimpy, and Harry of course) and I personally like him very much. I like his "Hawkisms" and the fact that he really seems to care about the team winning.

The reason that I ask is because I happened upon a website that completely bashes him and is currently petitioning to get him removed. I found it very weird that someone who is a Sox fan actually dislikes him that much, and got to wondering how many others out there felt the same way.

:huh

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to like him, but his stupid repetitive hawkisms are getting annoying. always talking about "everything is self-induced" and prolly the worst part is when there's a deep fly ball, he always does his "stretch, stretch" call and it RARELY is a homer, maybe 9 out of 10 times he says it, its just an out, it's like a curse, does anyone else notice this? he also tends to be too much of a homer and thinks he knows everything cause he's been around for 43 years. and whenever something good happens, he has to mention how ozzie was somehow involved. and the list goes on and on.

also, does anyone notice how dj does a much better job of technical analysis w/a different partner on sat. games of the week than w/ hawk? i think that says a lot about hawk. personally, i'd like to see dj stay(brings some comic relief and solid analysis), hawk can go and bring in steve stone, someone w/ knowledgeable, unbiased analysis.

also, the "put it on the board" is getting kinda old.

Edited by thelatinoheat_30

I love hawk mostly for the reason that he is such a homer and that he loves the team so much. To bad that if we make the playoffs we wont be able to hear him. Screw you fox! :finger The guy above me the finger is for you too!

Edited by Sonik22

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
i used to like him, but his stupid repetitive hawkisms are getting annoying.  always talking about "everything is self-induced" and prolly the worst part is when there's a deep fly ball, he always does his "stretch, stretch" call and it RARELY is a homer, maybe 9 out of 10 times he says it, its just an out, it's like a curse, does anyone else notice this?  he also tends to be too much of a homer and thinks he knows everything cause he's been around for 43 years.  and whenever something good happens, he has to mention how ozzie was somehow involved.  and the list goes on and on.

also, does anyone notice how dj does a much better of technical analysis on sat. games of the week than w/ hawk?  i think that says a lot about hawk.  personally, i'd like to see dj stay(brings some comic relief and solid analysis), hawk can go and bring in steve stone.

Light em up...lol jk. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Hawk is great, like someone else said you just have to know what to listen to and tune out some of his other thoughts.

I do hate it when he says "he JUST JUST missed that one" and its a shallow fly to CF.

QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
i used to like him, but his stupid repetitive hawkisms are getting annoying.  always talking about "everything is self-induced" and prolly the worst part is when there's a deep fly ball, he always does his "stretch, stretch" call and it RARELY is a homer, maybe 9 out of 10 times he says it, its just an out, it's like a curse, does anyone else notice this?  he also tends to be too much of a homer and thinks he knows everything cause he's been around for 43 years.  and whenever something good happens, he has to mention how ozzie was somehow involved.  and the list goes on and on.

also, does anyone notice how dj does a much better job of technical analysis w/a different partner on sat. games of the week than w/ hawk?  i think that says a lot about hawk.  personally, i'd like to see dj stay(brings some comic relief and solid analysis), hawk can go and bring in steve stone.

:o :nono s*** like that can get you banned!

1/2 of me says it should be green, 1/2 says it shouldn't

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
I do hate it when he says "he JUST JUST missed that one" and its a shallow fly to CF.

If you barely get underneath a ball, that's all it takes.

When I don't get the Sox announcers, I do all of Hawk's home run calls myself. Including the "stretch". Freaks out my fiance sometimes. That ought to tell you something about how much this Sox fan adores the Hawk.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
If you barely get underneath a ball, that's all it takes.

When I don't get the Sox announcers, I do all of Hawk's home run calls myself.  Including the "stretch".  Freaks out my fiance sometimes.  That ought to tell you something about how much this Sox fan adores the Hawk.

i do not think "adores" is quite the word to use.