Bo Jackson showing the love....

DABearSoX

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
Well its nothing really special but after the HR derby the legends softball game is on and Bo Jackson strolled up to the plate wearin the one and only SOX hat....take that KC.......

BO KNOWS!

Another guy had a Sox hat on. It was a TV celebrity.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Another guy had a Sox hat on. It was a TV celebrity.

John Kelly -- Played football (DB I think) at Nebraska - Was Channel 5 sports guy - Then went to NY for year - then went national like on a Cable sports station somewhere -- Then sold his soul to the devil and he's currently working with that other hack Mark McGrath on that crapass OMG Britney is Preggers and TOMKAT broke up show.

Is it me your thinking off?

I'm not sure if he was sport a Sox cap, but the plumber from Desperate Housewives was a White Sox fan. The other White Sox supporter was catching for Americans for the first half of the game. Didn't catch his name though.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
John Kelly  -- Played football (DB I think) at Nebraska - Was Channel 5 sports guy - Then went to NY for year - then went national like on a Cable sports station somewhere -- Then sold his soul to the devil and he's currently working with that other hack Mark McGrath on that crapass OMG Britney is Preggers and TOMKAT broke up show.

I think that show is called Extra.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Well its nothing really special but after the HR derby the legends softball game is on and Bo Jackson strolled up to the plate wearin the one and only SOX hat....take that KC.......

BO KNOWS!

I still fondly remember Bo Jackson. Another one of the crew from the early 90's that made the Sox really special to watch.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:38 AM)
I have no memories of Bo Jackson.... I saw some of his football games in highlight reels but no baseball...... and from all acconts ive missed on one hell of an athlete and person.

Maybe one of the greatest athletes to ever play the game. His injury destroyed "what could have been"

Powerful as Frank

Fast like Ichiro

A cannon for a arm like Vlad

I remember a game in 93 when a player hit a bullet down the RF line into the corner. He tried to strecth it into a triple.

Bo nailed him from the corner in RF on a frozen line-drive throw to Robin Ventura at 3rd.

The ball never touched the ground.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
John Kelly  -- Played football (DB I think) at Nebraska - Was Channel 5 sports guy - Then went to NY for year - then went national like on a Cable sports station somewhere -- Then sold his soul to the devil and he's currently working with that other hack Mark McGrath on that crapass OMG Britney is Preggers and TOMKAT broke up show.

OMG did TOMKAT break up?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Maybe one of the greatest athletes to ever play the game. His injury destroyed "what could have been"

Powerful as Frank

Fast like Ichiro

A cannon for a arm like Vlad

I remember a game in 93 when a player hit a bullet down the RF line into the corner. He tried to strecth it into a triple.

Bo nailed him from the corner in RF on a frozen line-drive throw to Robin Ventura at 3rd.

The ball never touched the ground.

That was great and so was the time where he caught the ball full stride and continued to run up the wall.

He was the fastest man in the football draft when he came out

He was a huge back

He would have broke all kinds of records in football

Is he the only player to play in an all-star game in both football and baseball at the major league levels?

Best athlete I have ever seen, hands down. No one even comes close.

That was great and so was the time where he caught the ball full stride and continued to run up the wall.

Didn't that happen in the All Star game that Bo homered off of Rick Rueschel. I think he won the ASG MVP ...maybe 1989?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
The guy played 108 games in Chicago and goes down as one of the most beloved Sox of all time.

That's a good place to start.

108 games, thats why i was surprised he was wearing a sox hat

Doesn't Bo come to Sox spring training still to be a guest instructor sometimes though? I think he has more continuing ties with us than the Royals.

Also, I know Jose Canseco is not the most looked up to guy, but he speaks very highly of Bo Jackson in his book. He talks about how amazed he was with Bo because he was the only guy in baseball bigger and faster than Jose.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Doesn't Bo come to Sox spring training still to be a guest instructor sometimes though?  I think he has more continuing ties with us than the Royals.

Also, I know Jose Canseco is not the most looked up to guy, but he speaks very highly of Bo Jackson in his book.  He talks about how amazed he was with Bo because he was the only guy in baseball bigger and faster than Jose.

Amazing because it was all natural.