answer me this...

frahungski

i'm not trying to be negative or anything, but i haven't been able to see too many games this year. the point is, i haven't seen us beat any good pitchers. the only time i can remember us getting more than 2 or 3 runs off of a good pitcher is against maddux in the first cubs series. so... who have we beaten?

QUOTE(frahungski @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:23 AM)
i'm not trying to be negative or anything, but i haven't been able to see too many games this year.  the point is, i haven't seen us beat any good pitchers.  the only time i can remember us getting more than 2 or 3 runs off of a good pitcher is against maddux in the first cubs series.  so... who have we beaten?

Maddux is a good pitcher this season on what planet? He had a 5 ERA heading into yesterday's start in the NL.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:41 AM)
I agree and I still have some worries. Well see though. We'll be tested. I think they said 4 of the AL's top 5 team ERA's come from the AL Central(White Sox, Cleveland, Minnesota & Detroit are in there I believe).

This is a true fact which would say we have faced some pretty damn good pitching.....maybe not everyones ace but still some good pitching

i'm not trying to be negative or anything, but i haven't been able to see too many games this year.  the point is, i haven't seen us beat any good pitchers.  the only time i can remember us getting more than 2 or 3 runs off of a good pitcher is against maddux in the first cubs series.  so... who have we beaten?

Maddux isn't that good anymore in the first half, and I'm a Cubs fan. I only root against the Sox when they play the Cubs. And they've beaten Big Z.

QUOTE(frahungski @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)

To answer your question every team we have played except the A's who cares about what pitchers we beat

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(frahungski @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)

Dominant divisional record so far.

Something like 25-5.

To win the division, you must beat the division.

I don't care who's pitching for the other team, you need to beat the teams that are put in front of you.

The Sox have been doing that thus far.

Westbrook, Wickman, Lohse, Radke,Millwood, Howry, Pineiro, Franklin, Lohse, Radke, Ledezma, Bonderman, Hernandez, MacDougal, Camp, Zito, Johnson, Ledezma, Sisco, Hernandez, Greinke, Frasor, Lilly, Chacin, Brazelton, Chen, Williams, Astacio, Drese, Maddux, Wuertz, Yan, Washburn, Shields, Donnelly, Westbrook, Davis, Kennedy, Kim, Francis, Williams, Hoffman, Ortiz, Houlton, Brazoban, Sanchez, Jensen, Greinke, Howell, Mitre, Robertson, Rodney, Maroth, Nomo, Harper, Fossum.

There's about another 35 to 40 to come yet.

The teams on our schedule that we have to beat to make the playoffs!!! You cn only beat the teams you play!!! 26-5 vs the Central, with 4 of the 5 best AL staffs in it

Get outta here Ron Santo

QUOTE(crash @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Maddux isn't that good anymore in the first half, and I'm a Cubs fan. I only root against the Sox when they play the Cubs. And they've beaten Big Z.

Hmmm something tells me that you aren't going to be here long...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
Hmmm something tells me that you aren't going to be here long...

SS2K5, put that guy on the terrorist watch list! In fact, all cub fans should be on that list.

And he named himself 'Crash'....is he crashing our Soxtalk fun? Crash, always remember :fthecubs

Edited by tonyho7476