Home run Juicer Derby

wallyburger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
Uncalled for? :crying

I took your word on Rowand.  I'm just saying there is a reason to be suspicious when that type of thing happens.

I just agreed with ya.

You said one thing, yet took another shot. If you knew 1/10th of the personal issues that have happened in his life you would be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

I'm probably over-reacting.. but I don't care.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)
Without posting personal information I can tell you without a doubt Aaron has never juiced. I heard rumors about Maggs his entire time here. No idea about Juan.

And Frank absolutely never juiced. A medical issue in his family where he donated bone marrow would have not been possible if he juiced.

I dont know about Maggs but he was definitely really, really scrawny back in his minor league days but that could be expected.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 04:35 PM)
I just agreed with ya.

You said one thing, yet took another shot. If you knew 1/10th of the personal issues that have happened in his life you would be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.

I'm probably over-reacting.. but I don't care.

Alright, I just thought you were taking a shot at me. Misunderstanding.

I'm just putting this in general terms. If a player has a sudden drop-off in power numbers, especially after they implement a steroid policy, it should usually draw suspicion.

In Rowand's case, you know better personally. So, there's an explanation. Just in general, there's cause for suspicion.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
I've read Canseco's book, and I actually believe some of what he has to say.  But, you can hardly use him as a credible source.

And unless you followed Canseco in the minor leagues, you wouldn't really see a difference in his body size because he began juicing in the minors.  I'm just saying Abreu could be on them.

They could be, and that's what I'm saying.  I don't believe they are, but I'm sure someone could make a case for it.  And don't turn this into me accusing Frank or Bo, because I know you want to have me say something stupid.  I'm just saying that Abreu could be on them, and people are defending him because they like him.

They could be, they could not. Anyone could be, so why start accusing?

P.S. - Chubby face and body with a lot of power plus high endurance (much higher than any other contestant ever) plus 500 foot bombs equal suspicion in my book.

He didn't have more endurance than anyone else he just hit more HRs. He showed much more skill than anyone ever. His HRs decreased in later rounds like would be expected. Just because he hit more it doesn't mean he was showing more stamina, that is a false assumption. No one else ever had a chance to take that many swings, so how do you know . Is Wade Boggs a steroid user? I think there is a good chance he would hold every HR derby record if he ever had a chance to be in it. Why? Because hitting BP fastballs out of the park is a skill that one can have without being a great HR hitter. Abreu is a HOF talent with the bat and it does not surprise me that he is so good at hitting 65 mph pitches out of the park.

A "body with a lot of power" is not a sign of steroid use. A body with a lot of muscle mass could be. And his face was about as chubby as his stomach. There were no signs of steroid use with Abreu because he doesn't take them. There is particularly ridiculous when players are now being tested and it is clear that a lot of guys who used to be taking them aren't. Abreu isn't stupid, he wouldn't still be taking them.

P.P.S - The accusations against Rowand aren't all that unfair at all.  He's a solid piece of muscle, has a break out year, and then his power is suddenly gone.  That, my friend, will draw suspicion to just about any athlete.

His power hasn't gone anywhere. It is his ability to make contact that seems to be missing. Being a solid piece of muscle is about as weak as you can get for a steroid user argument because you can easily get that from have low body fat and lifting weights. Where is his chubby face anyway? Where the acne craters? He shows no signs of steroid use, so get off it, you obviously are just speculating based on some very weak evidence.

And if you are saying they are just your suspicions then keep them as that. Don't make comments like "stick the needle back in your ass Rowand" when he strikes out. Sounds like something a Cub fan might say, but then again I have more respect for Woo Woo than I do for a guy who says things like that.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
He didn't have more endurance than anyone else he just hit more HRs.  He showed much more skill than anyone ever.  His HRs decreased in later rounds like would be expected.  Just because he hit more it doesn't mean he was showing more stamina, that is a false assumption.  No one else ever had a chance to take that many swings, so how do you know .  Is Wade Boggs a steroid user?  I think there is a good chance he would hold every HR derby record if he ever had a chance to be in it.  Why?  Because hitting BP fastballs out of the park is a skill that one can have without being a great HR hitter.  Abreu is a HOF talent with the bat and it does not surprise me that he is so good at hitting 65 mph pitches out of the park.

A "body with a lot of power" is not a sign of steroid use.  A body with a lot of muscle mass could be.  And his face was about as chubby as his stomach.  There were no signs of steroid use with Abreu because he doesn't take them.  There is particularly ridiculous when players are now being tested and it is clear that a lot of guys who used to be taking them aren't.  Abreu isn't stupid, he wouldn't still be taking them. 

His power hasn't gone anywhere.  It is his ability to make contact that seems to be missing.  Being a solid piece of muscle is about as weak as you can get for a steroid user argument because you can easily get that from have low body fat and lifting weights.  Where is his chubby face anyway?  Where the acne craters?  He shows no signs of steroid use, so get off it, you obviously are just speculating based on some very weak evidence. 

And if you are saying they are just your suspicions then keep them as that.  Don't make comments like "stick the needle back in your ass Rowand" when he strikes out.  Sounds like something a Cub fan might say, but then again I have more respect for Woo Woo than I do for a guy who says things like that.

We're pretty much both making assumptions here. Arguing about it will get us nowhere. I supplied reasons for my thinking, you supplied reasons for yours. That's as far as we're going to get.

To your last paragraph, I'll say whatever I please. You'll say whatever you please. Don't tell me what not to say. Plus, I could care less how much you respect me. I've never talked to you before, nor have I met you.