Fire Sale

Guest wsc425

Who will be the first to go if a fire sale is in place?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first to go if a fire sale is in place?

• Colon
    • Lee
    • Koch
    • Thomas
    • Buehrle
    • Rowand
    • Alomar
    • Other

I think Colon would go in an all-out fire sale. But, I voted for Alomar because I think that will be the first sign of concession. Once they deal Alomar, the rest of the chips will fall.

Hopefully, we're all talking in jest here, and we won't have to find out who's right and who's wrong.

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmm good question.... heres my run down as i see it..... first to go would be colon followed by koch if he doesnt turn it up a bit soon.... i belive that kw will try to dump off frank somewhere and possibly buehrle....i dont see alomar going anywhere cause he came to us way way way cheap..............and depending on how big of a fire sale it is.. you may see someone like maggs and pulie outta here too.............

It is a good question, We are 1 month into the season and Offense and Bullpen are not showing ANY signs of coming out of it. .260 team average with this lineup, either players or management are sure to go sooner, not later. we will be lucky to get 2 runs tonight and MB could get hammered again :huh:

hmm good question.... heres my run down as i see it..... first to go would be colon followed by koch if he doesnt turn it up a bit soon.... i belive that kw will try to dump off frank somewhere and possibly buehrle....i dont see alomar going anywhere cause he came to us way way way cheap..............and depending on how big of a fire sale it is.. you may see someone like maggs and pulie outta here too.............

My Gawd! That sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street!

Guest hotsoxchick1
My Gawd! That sounds like Nightmare on Elm Street!

yeah but not far from the truth.........you know how kw is...............all his favorites stay and the trouble makers leave............

It is a good question, We are 1 month into the season and Offense and Bullpen are not showing ANY signs of coming out of it. .260 team average with this lineup, either players or management are sure to go sooner, not later. we will be lucky to get 2 runs tonight and MB could get hammered again :huh:

Run for the hills! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! :o

I think that Colon has not showed what he was bring for!!! He defeated the Tigers and lose to the O's and A's.... yesterday game he give up a 2 run lead against the best pitcher in the AL. We need this guy to pitch in great games and win important games like this one yesterday.

I'm not so sure that this is a good question.

Why contemplate a fire sale now?

do you all buy caskets when the baby is born?

maybe this is an intellectual game for some - but it just seems very early in the season to be thinking that way :huh: maybe it's just me

maybe this is an intellectual game for some - but it just seems very early in the season to be thinking that way  :huh:  maybe it's just me

Agreed...what is the point of bringing up this question now. Sometimes the negativity on this board is a bit overwhelming

maybe this is an intellectual game for some - but it just seems very early in the season to be thinking that way  :huh:  maybe it's just me

Agreed...what is the point of bringing up this question now. Sometimes the negativity on this board is a bit overwhelming

Hell nobody should complain about this team Great offense , Great bullpen, GREAT management , this team is World series Champs...................................................................NOT :angry:

Hell nobody should complain about this team Great offense , Great bullpen, GREAT management , this team is World series Champs...................................................................NOT :angry:

That doesn't matter, talking fire sale isn't ridiculous. Not every team that doesn't win the world series has a firesale...geeze

Are people being negative? Yes and that's a shame. However, this is getting old and seems too much like last year. I think it's to early for a fire sale too, but you can't win a division and beyond by playing the kind of ball we are right now. Maybe a move or two would be a good idea to put some new blood in the line up.

Baggio commented in the chat room that Rowand's hitting nearly my weight!!!  And he was right!  THAT'S PATHETIC!!!

Rowand's had his chance and all he's proven is that he is the real-life answer to "Major League's" Roger Dorn. Unfortunately, I don't think JB is ready for MLB pitching and WH will suck once called back. However, Harris will suck only slightly less than AR.

Baggio commented in the chat room that Rowand's hitting nearly my weight!!!  And he was right!  THAT'S PATHETIC!!!

Say Heather....how much do you weigh?

Because if you weigh like 130 or so....something light-weight like that....GET FAT! :D

Anything to try to get something going.

id say konerko....we owe him 8 mil next year and 8.75 mill in '05

maggs who will collect 14 mil next year is definately a candidate

colon goes for reasons already stated...

koch....ditto colon

lee because he is arb eligable and already makes 4.2 mil

buehrle cause he is going to arb like lee

val goes because he wont resign to help rebuild this team...

alomar if he isnt on the DL...

some contender will need guys like rick white , tom gordon too

thomas im not sure of..depends on reinsey

and if this team fails again...they could get rid of all these guys for all i care..id welcome the next white falg then.....im sick of watching this team underachieve...if we can not win this weak ass division..by far the weakest in baseball...they can all go....i cant stand a team that doesnt even try to play the game right or looks like it doesnt give a rats ass...

june 30th..if we are sucking then its time