Willie preparing to be demoted

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Willie Harris is reportedly preparing to be demoted to the minor leagues after the All-Star break.

The White Sox are facing several roster decisions with players like Ross Gload and Damaso Marte ready to come off the disabled list. Jul. 11 - 8:00 am et

Source: Chicago Tribune

I'm mixed on this. Willie has really soured on me because it seems his head isn't into the game, that being said he's a very valuable player because of his pinch running capabilities and his defensive ability.

EDIT: By the way, I'm absolutely thrilled to have Ross back, I've been waiting for his return for a while. We're getting some awesome in season additions with Ross, Dam, and the Duke.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
I'm mixed on this.  Willie has really soured on me because it seems his head isn't into the game, that being said he's a very valuable player because of his pinch running capabilities and his defensive ability.

^

Yeah but Ozzie had to go with the guy who played their heart out there and who looke like they would help the team and Timo looked like he wanted to stay and Willie did not.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
I'm mixed on this.  Willie has really soured on me because it seems his head isn't into the game, that being said he's a very valuable player because of his pinch running capabilities and his defensive ability.

EDIT: By the way, I'm absolutely thrilled to have Ross back, I've been waiting for his return for a while.  We're getting some awesome in season additions with Ross, Dam, and the Duke.

Only 1 error in 21 games...

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)

I agree! We will miss his speed,but do we keep him on the bench just to pinch run? He is clearly overmatched at the plate. :huh

Yes Willie Harris' speed is very valuable off the bench, but Ozuna is just as capable of coming in and reeking havoc on the base paths. He can also play 3rd, SS and 2B. Gloads bat is much more valuable off the bench than Willie's at this point. I like the move- willy just hasn't been cutting the mustard. In fact I wont be surprised if KW ships him in a package to aqcuire a starter or a reliever.

i don't care if there was someone new coming in or not, willie desereves to be demoted after the weekend. On friday he had 3 opportunites to at least get scotty over to 3rd, didn't do it.

Sunday, he blew as well.

If it's possible to 'earn' a demotion, Harris did it.

It's a shame, too, because he's hurting the team by playing with his head up his ass -- he's still the best defensive secondbaseman on this team. Unfortunately, hitting the ball to the right side doesn't seem like much of a priority to him.

If it's possible to 'earn' a demotion, Harris did it.

It's a shame, too, because he's hurting the team by playing with his head up his ass -- he's still the best defensive secondbaseman on this team. Unfortunately, hitting the ball to the right side doesn't seem like much of a priority to him.

This is why you're a good poster Keith. You like the guy but aren't afraid to call it like you see it. I totally agree with your post.

I am not trying to pile on Willie (I hate him) but I do continue to feel we gave him many chances. KW for years has been telling sox fans and the press how Willie is going to be a star. Well, here is another failed young prospect (I realize he was not ours to begin with). Willie is done playing for the Sox barring injury and quite frankly will be nothing more than a back up 2baseman or 25th man. Great Potential but as we know Joe Borchard had great potential as well.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
I am not trying to pile on Willie (I hate him) but I do continue to feel we gave him many chances. KW for years has been telling sox fans and the press how Willie is going to be a star. Well, here is another failed young prospect (I realize he was not ours to begin with). Willie is done playing for the Sox barring injury and quite frankly will be nothing more than a back up 2baseman or 25th man. Great Potential but as we know Joe Borchard had great potential as well.

He should have listened to Baltimore.. and if not them.. then the fans who told him at Soxfest TWO years ago this guy was going to be a bust.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Willie's been playing with his head up his ass, because he's been afraid he'd get sent down. If he can't handle that kind of pressure, I don't want him around for the stretch run.

YAS.. his head is up his ass because he thinks he's all that! He THINKS he's the best out there.. he THINKS he belongs there.. he THINKS he will not get sent down. He doesn't think about getting sent down... Wille only thinks about Willie. Plain and simple.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:13 AM)
YAS.. his head is up his ass because he thinks he's all that! He THINKS he's the best out there.. he THINKS he belongs there.. he THINKS he will not get sent down. He doesn't think about getting sent down... Wille only thinks about Willie. Plain and simple.

Is this the best day of your life steff?? No more willie :lol: :lol: :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
Is this the best day of your life steff??  No more willie :lol:  :lol:  :P

Naaa... not even in the top 100. I wish he was different than what he was.. I really do. Live and learn. Hopefully it wont hurt us in then end like I feared it would.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:13 AM)

People on the trade thread were talking about a clubhouse cancer if we trade for somebody, in my opinion this guy was something of a cancer. Can you imagine the other players when he would walk around thinking he was some kind of allstar? I mean really, this guy has had an attitude problem since he was drafted. I think he listen too much to mommy and daddy when they said your the best baseball player out there (when he was 8 years old)