White Sox vs. Cardinals

Gene Honda Civic

Final score: Cardinals win 8-5 .... if the NL all-stars had secured HF adv.

But with a recent 13-4-1 record in the all-star game there was fat chance of that happening.

So a Sox-Cards WS will feature 1,2,6,7 played at the Cell where Thomas & Everett will factor heavily. Thats' worth at least 3 pts for an 8-8 tie.

Team that makes the fewest mistakes should win.

They give the Cardinals credit for being 3rd in bullpen ERA while we're 5th, but then don't note that we're in the AL and have to face the DH and stronger hitters around them?

Ditto the starters...the Cards starters have an ERA of 3.58, good for 2nd in the NL, while our guys have an ERA of 3.75, making us 1st in the AL.

No. We have 76 more gms to play. We've got 86 in the book & are 28 gms over .500.

All we need to do is go 6 gms over .500 in the last 76 & we'll finish 98-64.

Same as the 2004 WC RedSox.

Another way to look at it:

We lost 34% of our games in the 1st half.

We can afford to lose 46% of our games in the 2nd half & still compete for the best record in the AL. Home field adv in the ALDC & ALCS are all that matter now.

The only team that scares me this year is OAK. It's a team stacked with good RHP & 5 LHB's. That's enough to scare any team.

They have 22 gms left w ALC opponents. They'll likely feast on them.

I will be rooting for Minny vs Oak because I do not want Oak to win the ALW or the ALWC. I'll take my chances with facing Minny as the WC.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
No.  We have 76 more gms to play.  We've got 86 in the book & are 28 gms over .500.

All we need to do is go 6 gms over .500 in the last 76 & we'll finish 98-64.

Same as the 2004 WC RedSox.

Another way to look at it: 

We lost 34% of our games in the 1st half.

We can afford to lose 46% of our games in the 2nd half & still compete for the best record in the AL.  Home field adv in the ALDC & ALCS are all that matter now.

Thanks Jugg I wish I knew addition.......

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
They give the Cardinals credit for being 3rd in bullpen ERA while we're 5th, but then don't note that we're in the AL and have to face the DH and stronger hitters around them?

Ditto the starters...the Cards starters have an ERA of 3.58, good for 2nd in the NL, while our guys have an ERA of 3.75, making us 1st in the AL.

FWIW, I believe scoring is higher in the NL this year.

St. Louis is baseball's best team and we wouldn't score runs off them in my opinion. Our rotations are pretty even but we aren't necessarily better than Carpenter-Morris-Mulder. Plus I think Ozzie would be outmanaged within the game. Just my opinion and by posting this I am violating my self-imposed all-star break where I'm not supposed to talk about or read sports!!!

Shortstop: David Eckstein (.284-2-24-46) has become a surprise All-Star, while Juan Uribe (.246-6-38-36) has been a surprise disappointment who makes his 2004 season look like a fluke at this point. Edge: Cardinals

Third base: Scott Rolen (.251-5-26-27) was an All-Star starter selection before bowing out because of an injury-plagued first half, while slow-developing Joe Crede (.242-12-37-32-2) might never be confused for an All-Star. Edge: Cardinals

Now Im not trying to say that Uribe hasnt been a bit of a disappointment this year, but look at those numbers. Aside from the lower average Uribe's are clearly better, at the very least I'd say they are EVEN

And Crede, God knows how I feel about him but his numbers are better than Rolen's injured or not. "All-Star selection" if the guy isnt producing, just being an AS selection doesnt make you better your performance does and until he starts performing id have to give the edge to Crede and the WHITE SOX

Edited by the People's Champ

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
i think eckstein sucks i would hate to have him on the team, he reminds me of willie harris with a bettter average and slower.  he is the most annoying player in baseball i want to punch him every time i see him

LOL!!! I feel the same way. My good friend, who is from St Louis, raves about him all the time.

i think eckstein sucks i would hate to have him on the team, he reminds me of willie harris with a bettter average and slower.  he is the most annoying player in baseball i want to punch him every time i see him

You cant beat him up that would be a hate crime in today's America

He is Jewish

He's like that jerk that used to catch for the Twins. Annoying as hell. What was his name again?