Whats in your...

Kyyle23

Slightly different from the music thread. When i interviewed people on the radio station I worked at, I liked to use the question "What are you listening to now"(like its so original) followed by "If you were on an island and could only have 5 cds with you for the rest of your life, what would you pick?"

I think it gives a good indication of where that person is in their life and what they are about.

Currently the bands with the most plays on my Ipod are Failure(Fantastic Planet), Peter Gabriel(various), On(Shifting Skin), The Killers(various), Hum(You'd Prefer and Astronaut), and Brand New(Deja Entendu)

My 5 cds would be

1. 311 - Grassroots

2. Brand New - Deja Entendu

3. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

4. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

5. Failure - Fantastic Planet

this will be a good way to branch out my music interests since I no longer work in radio.

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
CD player in car: Scorpions - Bad for Good

Scorpions, I havent heard much from them in a while. I remember they got mad airplay on The Blaze(103.5) when I was in high school. Lots of "Rainbow in the Dark"

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Scorpions, I havent heard much from them in a while. I remember they got mad airplay on The Blaze(103.5) when I was in high school.  Lots of "Rainbow in the Dark"

Rainbow in the Dark was done by Dio.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
In my 6 disc changer in my car I have:

1.) Transplants - Haunted Cities

2.) Transplants - Transplants

3.) System of a Down - Mezmerize

4.) Rancid - Indestructible

5.) Rolling Stones - Aftermath

6.) Sum 41 - Chuck

At the risk of being ridiculed, explain the Transplants sound to me. I love barkers drumming, and I like Blink and Box Car Racer. Core Punk?

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Rainbow in the Dark was done by Dio.

now you know how much I listen to the Scorpions. ;)

Rocked you like a Hurricane?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Slightly different from the music thread.  When i interviewed people on the radio station I worked at, I liked to use the question "What are you listening to now"(like its so original) followed by "If you were on an island and could only have 5 cds with you for the rest of your life, what would you pick?"

I think it gives a good indication of where that person is in their life and what they are about.

Currently the bands with the most plays on my Ipod are Failure(Fantastic Planet), Peter Gabriel(various), On(Shifting Skin), The Killers(various), Hum(You'd Prefer and Astronaut), and Brand New(Deja Entendu)

My 5 cds would be

1.  311 - Grassroots

2. Brand New - Deja Entendu

3. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

4. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

5. Failure - Fantastic Planet

this will be a good way to branch out my music interests since I no longer work in radio.

Brand New - Deja Entendu is the ish.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:31 PM)
At the risk of being ridiculed, explain the Transplants sound to me.  I love barkers drumming, and I like Blink and Box Car Racer. Core Punk?

It's hard to discribe, their first album was mainly punk/ska/rock with a bit of rap thrown in.

The new Album "Haunted Cities" is more rap oriented seeing how Rob Aston is mixing in a lot more of his sound into the band, however any band that has Tim Armstrong as an exclusive member must have atleast half the songs in his punk/ska/rock sound.

So in other words it's really hard to describe their sound.

http://www.myspace.com/thetransplants

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
It's hard to discribe, their first album was mainly punk/ska/rock with a bit of rap thrown in.

The new Album "Haunted Cities" is more rap oriented seeing how Rob Aston is mixing in a lot more of his sound into the band, however any band that has Tim Armstrong as an exclusive member must have atleast half the songs in his punk/ska/rock sound.

So in other words it's really hard to describe their sound.

http://www.myspace.com/thetransplants

Are a fan of the Urge? I used to see them twice a year when I lived in Carbondale at the Copper Dragon(the best little venue in the world), hell of a show.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
In the car CD:

The Killers

Talking Heads

Spamalot - Orginal Cast Album

Wax Trax Black Box Collection - A MUST HAVE!!

I have had the black box collection since 96. Good stuff!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Are a fan of the Urge?  I used to see them twice a year when I lived in Carbondale at the Copper Dragon(the best little venue in the world), hell of a show.

I always thought they were to Ska/soft rock oriented. I need a little more hard rock mixed in there. They're not bad just not a personal fav.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
I always thought they were to Ska/soft rock oriented. I need a little more hard rock mixed in there. They're not bad just not a personal fav.

they changed into that. Recieving the Gift of Flavor is pretty hard compared to Master of Styles and Too Much Stereo. Their shows still rock though, they really go crazy on stage. At least they do in Carbondale.