A-Rod ready to play for Dominican Republic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
Um, to quote Gary Sheffield:

"My season is when I get paid," Sheffield told the New York Daily News. "I'm not doing that. ... I'm not sacrificing my body or taking a chance on an injury for something that's made up."

And I also don't see a guy like Barry Bonds, a.k.a. the most selfish player in baseball history to whom everybody and everything is racist, going out to proudly represent his country.

I understand... that's why I didn't put him on MY team (as you can see above), I just put him as possible guys for people to see.

Team USA is short on quality Infielders/Outfielders like some of these latin countries... it's crazy! And all of the guys on my version can take the ball out of the yard but I think Bonds may be just enough to scare some other teams, not that I like him, because I DO NOT

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 11:54 PM)
What will he play?

3B?

Probably, but if he thinks he'll play or bat in front of Miggy Tejada his best friend is crack.

He wouldn't dream of hitting in the middle of the order. Cuz that's Sammy's spot.

Damn. I was going position by position, trying to figure out who had the better lineup. I still had some hope w/ ARod on the US team, but ARod+Pujols+Tejada+Vlad? Wowza.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
who cares, its his decision anywayz.

whats the problem with him playing for the Dominican Republic...he is Dominican

nothing wrong with that

I agree big time. And he didn't live in the US his whole life. He was born in NY, then moved to the Dominican Republic shortly after for at least half of his childhood and then he moved to Miami after that. I think he was 14 when he moved to Miami. Anyway, it's his choice and he has every right to play for his team. If I moved to Mexico for my childhood, and moved back to Chicago, then I probably would play for Mexico since my parents are from there and I lived there for my childhood.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I agree big time. And he didn't live in the US his whole life. He was born in NY, then moved to the Dominican Republic shortly after for at least half of his childhood and then he moved to Miami after that. I think he was 14 when he moved to Miami. Anyway, it's his choice and he has every right to play for his team. If I moved to Mexico for my childhood, and moved back to Chicago, then I probably would play for Mexico since my parents are from there and I lived there for my childhood.

I just read on rotoworld that bud Selig told A-Rod that is was not his decision to make, so he may not be playing for the Domincan after all. I wonder how the US team will react to him if he has to play with them after publicly saying that he didn't want to.

When will AROD understand that it is the American people who pay his 252 million dollar contract. He was born here, most of his fans are here, he gets paid here, he lives here. If you love the Dominican so much f***ING LIVE THERE! :fyou YOU can't pick and choose when you want to be American ,asshole.

f*** Arod I hope the USA takes it all :usa :headbang

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
When will AROD understand that it is the American people who pay his 252 million dollar contract.  He was born here, most of his fans are here, he gets paid here, he lives here. If you love the Dominican so much f***ING LIVE THERE!  :fyou  YOU can't pick and choose when you want to be American ,asshole.

f*** Arod        I hope the USA takes it all :usa  :headbang

People do it all of the time. How many forgien kids come here to school and train, and then run for the USA in the olympics? Heck our own manager just got his US citizenship. I don't think it is that big of a deal.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
People do it all of the time.  How many forgien kids come here to school and train, and then run for the USA in the olympics?  Heck our own manager just got his US citizenship.  I don't think it is that big of a deal.

Well they all live here now. Arod still lives here. If he moved to the DR during the off season , then fine it would not upset me as much. He likes all of america's luxuries , but won't play for us? I just took it in different way, sorry. When I read that he did not want to represent us, it made my stomach turn.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Well they all live here now.  Arod still lives here. If he moved to the DR during the off season , then fine it would not upset me as much.  He likes all of america's luxuries , but won't play for us? I just took it in different way, sorry. When I read that he did not want to represent us, it made my stomach turn.

I didn't take it that negatively. It just seems like he wants to play for the DR more.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
I didn't take it that negatively.  It just seems like he wants to play for the DR more.

U have a point. Though, Its hard not to think negative when you read about Arod :ph34r: Maybe if one of our players did it I would not be so mad.

I don't like the way he made his statement. To me it seemed like he was negative against the USA and all for the Dominican, when he would never even truly know what it feels like to live in the Dominican Republic.

However, I could care less if he is representing the USA in the World Classic and to claim that they are THE baseball power is ridiculous. As long as we can get Scott Rolen or Hank Blalock to play then I think we will be better off. Has Arod ever won anything as far as team awards go? If anything his teams do better once he leaves...Seattle....Texas.. and worse when he gets there....Texas....Yankees... good riddnace to a selfish player.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
A-Rod was born and raised in America. New York.

He should represent America...just my 2 cents. It would be like me representing the Italian team (of course there would be far other concerns aside from me repping Italy...like the fact that I'd be helping America win cause I'm so s***ty, lol).

I understand he should be able to choose, but I don't get it when a guy was born over here. I'd understand it more if he was born in America while his folks were on vacation and than lived most of his life somewhere else, but that didn't happen.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 05:43 PM)
He wouldn't dream of hitting in the middle of the order.  Cuz that's Sammy's spot.

Damn.  I was going position by position, trying to figure out who had the better lineup.  I still had some hope w/ ARod on the US team, but ARod+Pujols+Tejada+Vlad?  Wowza.

USA would still be able to compete. They have some damn good hitters themselves. Guys like Helton, Bonds, Sheffield, Rolen, Texiera, Blalock, Chavez (I think he was born/raised here), etc.

Plus that pitching staff would be filthy too.

Its going to be really cool.