Offensive

Soxfest

All this talk about it is early and the offense will come around is BS, I said last week if we cannot beat some of the STIFFS we have faced we have no chance versus Good pitching teams. Sox get 5 hits and maybe 2 runs a game all year while opponents get 11 to 15 hits and 4 or 5 runs ,no team can win with putrid numbers like that. Something MAJOR is going to have to happen to shake this team up or forget it, I do not want to hear we got so many games against such and such to make it up, that is all I heard about Minn last year yet we did not do a dam thing against them with all those games. this is the worst I have seen the offense since................LAST WEEK...........this thing is not working at all anymore, and I do not think the mix on this team is good at all, it is time someone's head is on the chopblock because things are not going to get much better. :angry:

All this talk about it is early and the offense will come around is BS, I said last week if we cannot beat some of the STIFFS we have faced we have no chance versus Good pitching teams. Sox get 5 hits and maybe 2 runs a game all year while opponents get 11 to 15 hits and 4 or 5 runs ,no team can win with putrid numbers like that. Something MAJOR is going to have to happen to shake this team up or forget it, I do not want to hear we got so many games against such and such to make it up, that is all I heard about Minn last year yet we did not do a dam thing against them with all those games. this is the worst I have seen the offense since................LAST WEEK...........this thing is not working at all anymore, and I do not think the mix on this team is good at all, it is time someone's head is on the chopblock because things are not going to get much better. :angry:

This is an average offense. I think some of you just overrate this offense. :huh:

I did not promote this as a great offense KW and Sox brass did.

Well maybe, yeah. But all i read all preseason is how great this sox team is and how powerful the lineup is............like ive said 100 times, its an 85 win team.

i dont think it could ever be a great offense (not enough lefty power , no speed) but it could a good offense...good enough to win 95 games in this pewtred division...but just like last night when the game was on the line for frank..this team just doesnt have the right mentality...we about wore out chavez and tejada tonight on ground balls to the left side...thats when we wernt striking out...im beginning to wonder if we will have to break this team up completely and start all over if we ever wan ta real winner...

if we dont turn it around this season id junk just about everyone and start over...let borchard get a chance at growing into a team leader...anything is better than watching overpaid bunch of under achievers...

im beginning to wonder if we will have to break this team up completely and start all over if we ever wan ta real winner...

You and me both. Two of the biggest parts of winning are chemistry and manufacturing runs. And it doesn't look like we have any of those with our players right now.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I did not promote this as a great offense KW and Sox brass did.

ok what i dont understand it that kw put this s*** together and you all praise him for what hes done.... then in the next breath you all slap it down with comments like this........wtf make up your minds.. either kw is at fault for putting this s*** together or jm is at fault for not being able to manage it.... cant have it both ways without calling for both heads to roll...................

ok what i dont understand it that kw put this s*** together and you all praise him for what hes done.... then in the  next breath you all slap it down with comments like this........wtf make up your minds.. either kw is at fault for putting this s*** together or jm is at fault for not being able to manage it.... cant have it both ways without calling for both heads to roll...................

ROLL THOSE HEADS!!!!!!!! :headbang

This offense is way overrated. In 2000, everyone had great years and we scored nearly 1000 runs. But now everyones sunk down to normal and this year well be lucky to get 800. As for Mulder being a good pitcher, so what? Good offenses beat good pitchers (sometimes the pitchers win but have we ever really hit a good pitcher really hard this season? no). Mark Buehrle is a good pitcher (he seems off this year, but thats beside the point). The As beat him, they did well against him. The As have a good offense. Theres no point in being a contender if ya cant beat the good ones. This team may as well give it up...

ok what i dont understand it that kw put this s*** together and you all praise him for what hes done.... then in the  next breath you all slap it down with comments like this........wtf make up your minds.. either kw is at fault for putting this s*** together or jm is at fault for not being able to manage it.... cant have it both ways without calling for both heads to roll...................

HSC, I have NEVER gave KW credit , I cannot stand JM or KW niether one should have a job anymore.

JM is saying all the time 'whn this offense starting hitting we will get in there': it will come august and he will keep saying this s***!!! Get Aaron down and bring JoeB up!!! :fyou Manuel

It reminds me of Wanny with the Bears: "Ahhh, we've got a young team here and, ahhh, it's still early, ahhh."