7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woah we started the 2nd half of the season just like we started the 1st half. Maybe its a good sign for great things to come.

Awesome performance by:

Contreras, Pollite, Marte, and Hermy! Its nice to get that nasty taste of broom out of my mouth. GO SOX!

Watching the Twins on FSN North, Bert Blyleven has pretty mych conceded to the Sox based on winning every close game and their dominant pitching. He said the Twins should just worry about winning 94 games for the WC. Then in the bottom of the 8th, he says these are the games the WHite Sox find a way to win, down in the late innings, if the Twins want to be successful, they are going to be like Chicago and win these games they are doomed to lose!!! CIRCLE ME BERT!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
Conteras has the talent.  If he can throw his fastball more and get that forkball near the strikezone he will be great.  Its when he decides to abandon his fastball and throw a bunch of forkballls in the dirt that he pitches badly.

Contreras is downright nasty sometimes, but nobody is comfortable watching him. Even when he throws a great game, it doesn't seem as dominant to us because of the way he pitches (slow, throwing a lot of pitches, walking a few). I believe Contreras thinks the same way we all do about him. Even when he throws great, he doesn't feel like did. Thus, like us, he has no confidence in himself.