Should he be fired?

greg775

After one month, we appear to be mediocre at best again.

It looks like we are not going to beat the good teams consistently, at least the signs are there that we will not.

So should Jerry Reinsdork fire Manuel?

I think he should just because everybody pointed out in the offseason that Manuel was a prime candidate to get canned if we didn't impress early. You'd think there'd be some urgency and there is none.

We aren't impressing anybody.

If we fire JM and continued to stink, so what?

It's not like we're replacing a baseball legend.

You have to admit, in the offseason we looked like a team that would win at least 60 to 65 percent of our games.

What should the Sox do to get hot?

Are there any solutions aside from canning JM or our hitting coach AGAIN?

Everybody in baseball in the offseason thought we were a good hitting team and MUCH improved.

I think it's probably a good time to start to look for the Aaron Rowand demotion-watch.

Right now....what is this guy good for?

I wouldn't mind firing Manuel....but I'd want a good replacement. A guy who will pump this team up and motivate them.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Gary Ward go. His offense plan sucks ass.

We probably should can Ward immediately then.

Our hitting is abysmal as you said.

That's what I'd do. If I'm KW...I fire Ward....tempt Joshua big time to come back(give him $500,000 or so)...and if he does, and the offense still struggles...than Manuel gets the can.

Guest hotsoxchick1

if im jr i would fire kw first...all this s*** didnt start happening till he came up here and f***ed things up royal..........his aquisitions arent and havent panned out and he doesnt have the first clue what to do with the team nor how to run it..... get a gm who actually knows what the hell hes doing and how to handle a deal with billy bean without getting f***ed over and you got yourself a winner.................

There are some pretty convincing arguements that Jerry should go and there are some pretty convincing arguements that Kenny should go. And I agree that SOMETHING needs to be done. We have lost at least 2-3 games this year that we should have won. We have come out flat in countless games this year. Over the years we have changed personell, coaches, upper management etc, but the Sox still underachieve. To me it is Jerry's turn to go, but I wouldn't be upset if either Gary Ward or Kenny Williams went instead. To me the only guy who should be realatively safe right now is Don Cooper.

I wonder if Jerry Manuel would be the first manager ever fired from a team that was .500 or better? The only other guy I could think of would be Billy Martin when he was managing the Yankees.

Guest wsc425
Scoring 6 runs and getting 15 hits a series ...NO SWEEP IS COMING

Really now?

Man I find it surprising that the Sox swept somebody with those numbers in 2000. Gee tell me what ur on, cause I sure as hell think ur statement is faulty.

Guest wsc425
I didn't praise Manuel when we took 2 of 3 from Minnesota and I will not praise him if we sweep Seattle this weekend because that isn't going to happen.

Shame on u Killa

Really now?

Man I find it surprising that the Sox swept somebody with those numbers in 2000. Gee tell me what ur on, cause I sure as hell think ur statement is faulty.

He's referring to what we're doing now.. not that we did it in 2000.

Maybe re-read his post.. before pulling the trigger on the sarcasm gun.. :huh: :nono

I remember Les Moss when he was a third string catcher for the Sox in the 50's.  Wonder whatever happened to him.  I had forgotten that he was skipper of the Tigers for a while.

Les Moss! That name is a "blast from the past". One of the first baseball cards I got as a kid.

I remember Les Moss when he was a third string catcher for the Sox in the 50's.  Wonder whatever happened to him.  I had forgotten that he was skipper of the Tigers for a while.

he started out the 79 season managing the Tigers and was 53 games into the season when Sparky became available - so they fired Moss to get Anderson. Everyone knew Moss got a raw deal and the Tiger owner was apologetic, but he said how many shots at a Sparky Anderson do you get. I have no clue as to what happened to Moss after that.

Really now?

Reading is a skill, live it ,learn it, know it.........Re read it AGAIN

Really now?

He's referring to what we're doing now.. not that we did it in 2000.

Maybe re-read his post.. before pulling the trigger on the sarcasm gun.. :huh: :nono

Thank You Steff :headbang