Florida man beats 3 year old son to death

Balta1701

I don't know how to react to this story other than to say this may be one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.

Even though the boy would shake and wet himself, his father, Ronnie Paris Jr., would box with the 3-year-old, slapping him in the head until he cried because he didn't want his son to grow up to be ``a sissy,'' the boy's mother testified Monday.

Others corroborated Nysheerah Paris' testimony as the prosecution built its case during the first day of the capital murder trial of Ronnie Paris Jr., 21, accused of abusing 3-year- old Ronnie Paris until the boy slipped into a coma Jan. 22.

He died six days later with swelling on both sides of his brain.

``He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' said Shanita Powell, Nysheerah Paris' sister. ``He was concerned that the child might be gay.''

Even Sheldon Bostic, who was Ronnie Paris Jr.'s Bible- study friend, said he warned the father several times not to play so rough with his son.

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

``Did Ronnie use a term for that?'' asked Jalal Harb, an assistant state attorney.

``He didn't want him to be a sissy,'' Bostic said.

The prosecution's witnesses portrayed Ronnie Paris Jr. as a man who wanted more of his wife's attention, who complained about not having enough sex since the child was around and who openly questioned whether the boy was his.

Witnesses also testified he lost his temper when the child was ill. The boy was sick often while in his parents' care.

In 2002, the Florida Department of Children & Families placed little Ronnie in protective custody after he had been admitted to the hospital several times for vomiting.

He was returned to his parents Dec. 14, five days after his third birthday. He had been with them six weeks when he died.

The defense tried to shift the blame to Nysheerah Paris, who testified she was so scared someone would take her baby away that she never called police or her caseworker to report what she perceived to be abuse by Ronnie Paris Jr.

It wasn't until Feb. 1, four days after little Ronnie was taken off life support, that Nysheerah Paris told police of the alleged abuse. She is charged with felony child neglect and faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.

She testified that she witnessed Ronnie Paris Jr. being rough with the child several times, including once when he ``slammed'' the baby against a wall because the child was vomiting.

But she said she didn't take the baby to the hospital immediately after the incidents.

``I just didn't want my baby to get tooken away from me,'' she said. ``I thought he was going to make it.''

Kenn Littman, an assistant public defender, asked Nysheerah Paris why she never reported the alleged abuse.

``You thought that the cops were gonna put this on you if you didn't say anything?'' Littman asked.

``Yes,'' she said.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:21 PM)
How sad.  It is always worse when the victim is a defenseless child.

He wouldn't have been defenseless if he learned those lessons from dad :headshake

Why is it harder to own a gun than conceive a child?

There must be a special place in hell for people like this, and a special place in heaven for the baby. I am certain the boy is receiving the love he should have gotten on this earth.

This is all bulls***. Every single one of them is to blame. Clearly the father, but the mother is obviously stupid. "Tooken," c'mon. Then, there's the friend. "Uh, maybe you shouldn't box your son." What the f*** is that? Somebody get off your ass and DO something. God, it just pisses me off. I can guarantee you if I ever saw somebody doing that to their kid, especially one of my friends, his ass would be going to the hospital instead of the kid.

Hopefully someone shoots this prick in the head before he ever gets his day in court, so the government doesn't have to waste any more money on him. The mom should go to jail for the rest of her life or die, for all I care.

Edit: Sorry for going overboard.

Edited by Milkman delivers

``He really did what other fathers do - slap box,'' Bostic said. ``He always said he didn't want his son growing up to be pushed around.''

Ummm, excuse me??? I have two kids, one is a 2 1/2 year old boy, and I would NEVER do that with either of my kids.

But I guess I have no fear of my son turning out gay, as I just laugh as he runs around in high heels and his sisters dress-up clothes.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
This is all bulls***.  Every single one of them is to blame.  Clearly the father, but the mother is obviously stupid.  "Tooken," c'mon.  Then, there's the friend.  "Uh, maybe you shouldn't box your son."  What the f*** is that?  Somebody get off your ass and DO something.  God, it just pisses me off.  I can guarantee you if I ever saw somebody doing that to their kid, especially one of my friends, his ass would be going to the hospital instead of the kid.

Hopefully someone shoots this prick in the head before he ever gets his day in court, so the government doesn't have to waste any more money on him.  The mom should go to jail for the rest of her life or die, for all I care.

Edit:  Sorry for going overboard.

Milkman,

I second you on that! Let's see who is the REAL sissy when the kid's father is being sent to prison.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Ummm, excuse me??? I have two kids, one is a 2 1/2 year old boy, and I would NEVER do that with either of my kids.

But I guess I have no fear of my son turning out gay, as I just laugh as he runs around in high heels and his sisters dress-up clothes.

Man, it's not boys fault that girls have cooler clothes and stuff like that. Those clothes have to look cool even to little boys.

I was in Target at the Dollar Spot a week or so ago and there was the cutest little two/three year old boy, and they had all of those bright beads and stuff like that. And this little boy picked up some sparkly pretty bracelets and says in this really sad voice, "Bracelets are for girls, so I can't have them. Right mom?" Obviously, I giggled, but man, I'm pretty sure some sparkly fun bracelets won't turn a kid gay.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
*hides his sparkly bracelets*

Of course, not!

Shut up. :D

Anyway, if my kids turn out as thoughtful and nice as you, then I'll have done a good job.

Welp, the fact that I had hair down to my butt as of last year that was at times eggplant purple, used to wear make-up, still wear more jewelry (bracelets and necklaces) that any female I know of, kind of keep me from getting all "uppity" about my son playing "dress-up" with his big sister. I can't ever imagine having a problem with one of my kids sexuality.