Gallas' Ad Campaigns.....

CubKilla

Ever notice the exact opposite happened the last 2 years and the first month of this year than what Gallas' brilliant ad campaigns are advocating?

2001- "It's Time"

Time for what? David Wells to throw his back out? Frank Thomas to see his career go to s*** diving for a baseball at 1B? Wait..... I got it..... every pitcher the Sox had from 2000 to tear a labrum muscle.

2002-"You Better Come Ready to Play" or, my personal fave, "When You Come To Our BallPark, You Better Bring Your 'A' Game"

Too bad the White Sox only felt it necessary to bring their "A" game half the time :rolleyes: .

2003-"Little Things Win You Ballgames..... Even Our AllStars Do the Little Things"

Enuff said :puke

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ever notice the exact opposite happened the last 2 years and the first month of this year than what Gallas' brilliant ad campaigns are advocating?

2001- "It's Time"

Time for what? David Wells to throw his back out? Frank Thomas to see his career go to s*** diving for a baseball at 1B? Wait..... I got it..... every pitcher the Sox had from 2000 to tear a labrum muscle.

2002-"You Better Come Ready to Play" or, my personal fave, "When You Come To Our BallPark, You Better Bring Your 'A' Game"

Too bad the White Sox only felt it necessary to bring their "A" game half the time  :rolleyes: .

2003-"Little Things Win You Ballgames..... Even Our AllStars Do the Little Things"

Enuff said  :puke

it should be our allstars do to little of things........you foregot my all time favorite... the kids can play... well hell the kids have been up here for how long now and they aint playin s***.. i think it would have been better to say the kids are all played out..........thats what its starting to look like from my seat..............

2001- "It's Time"

Too bad the White Sox only felt it necessary to bring their "A" game half the time  :rolleyes: .

Enuff said  :puke

It is scary.

You are right - whatever Gallas promotes, that becomes our weakness.

The worst were the ads with royce clatyon and alomar dancing for caribbean night or what not, or the stupid mark johnson half price night. I mean, be creative, be funny, don't show how big of a moron you are and make your players look like idiots.

I'm down with some version of the "we suck, deal with it" slogan.

Every year I keep hoping they s***can the stupid slogans. Every one of them gets used later in the season to ridicule the team. Next year use the slogan "Shut the f*** up and play".

What the hell good is a slogan anyway? A slogan doesn't get me to the park. A solid team does. Speaking of, it looks like I'll be making very few trips out there this year.

Great!! Which "solid team" are you going to see ;) ?

What idea was that?

Someone here will correct me if I remember wrong but here goes. Jimmy Piersall did the Sox games with Harry Caray in the late 70's and early 80's. The greatest Sox broadcast team IMO. Jimmy was shall we say a little volatile and temperamental. Gallas I believe was writing for a suburban newspaper at the time. He wrote something Piersall took offense to whereby he proceeded to choke him to near unconsciousness.