Buehrle ...

rafacosta

Mark is pitching poorly, he has lost the last 3 games for us. If he wanna win a game against Mulder he needs to pitch better than Mulder. 2-4 with 3.74 ERA, yesterday game : 6 IP, 9 hits, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 k, 1 hr and the A's lineup has 5 lefthander hitter... I think that he is thinking too much in the Cardinals games. :angry:

MB is pitching ok - we aren't hitting, we aren't scoring.

It was not a great outing last night by any means but 3.74 era ain't bad - the offense has to come through.

And at least one of MB's losses this year was when the Sox were shut out - hard to win when the team doesn't score, or only scores 1 run.

Buehrle has been so so. That's not good enough if you are the "ace". The season is far from lost. One god outing and he could go on a long roll. The Sox are struggling now but the starting pitching is not the weakest link. Hang in there with Mark rafacosta, he should be OK over the long haul.

There is apositive here.  Buerhle will not be able to command as much at arbitration next year.

Me thinks Mark is already not going to get awarded as much as he thinks. I doubt it's going to be looked kindly upon that he refused this years deal.

There is apositive here.  Buerhle will not be able to command as much at arbitration next year.

Screw that! I mean, I understand where you're coming from, but screw that! I don't want to look at MB losing in April and say, "Oh well, at least we won't have to pay him that much next year." I'd rather be paying him a World Series MVP bonus!

I'm really started to get disgusted with this team. Ugh! I get sick to my stomach watching them "hit"! I can't stand it anymore! I'm getting ready to jump!

I think he only gave up 2 runs yesterday. Is it his fault he give up an RBI triple on a fly ball that maggs can't see? I mean, what the hell is he supposed to do, pitch according to the weather...."no fly balls"??? He didn't pitch that bad last night and two of those runs were completely bogus, don't look past that.

I think he only gave up 2 runs yesterday. Is it his fault he give up an RBI triple on a fly ball that maggs can't see? I mean, what the hell is he supposed to do, pitch according to the weather...."no fly balls"???  He didn't pitch that bad last night and two of those runs were completely bogus, don't look past that.

Ya beat me to it there. Without those two runs, we still lose 2-1. MB hasn't pitched bad at all this season. 3 of his 4 losses, the Sox have scored 3 runs or less. Johnson, Schilling, Clemens, hell..... any good pitcher would have similar numbers if the offense couldn't score any runs everytime you took the mound. MB has had one bad outing this season against Cleveland and bad outings are to be expected.

Ya beat me to it there. Without those two runs, we still lose 2-1. MB hasn't pitched bad at all this season. 3 of his 4 losses, the Sox have scored 3 runs or less. Johnson, Schilling, Clemens, hell..... any good pitcher would have similar numbers if the offense couldn't score any runs everytime you took the mound. MB has had one bad outing this season against Cleveland and bad outings are to be expected.

Yeah I would tend to agree with that sentiment. You can't get too upset with MB and Bart's preformances over the last couple of days. They didn't pitch badly, they just ran into the big 3 coupled with the flat offense.

The question is can it get any worse? We have "ace" pitchers who aren't stepping up when needed to shut down the other team; we have a "potent" offensive line up that can't get a hit; we have relievers who come in and can't get the first batter out when needed and blow leads; we have a running team that can't; we play in crappy weather. Maybe the rest of the homestand will get rained out? We go to Oakland and Seattle next week and if it just keeps going downhill I think we may be looking at changes. I hope that these guys can start delivering as they say they are trying to do because we need to start NOW! Tonight! This game! This is just a repeat of last year as far as I am concerned. Lots of frustration and lots of talk from the players about how things are going our way, how when you struggle it just gets worse, etc, etc. Pretty soon we will have to put bars on our windows so we don't jump out of them and little white pills to calm our frazzled baseball minds.

Let's go Sox!

If I came to this board without a clue to what was going on with the Sox, I would think your "ACE's" are getting rocked day in and day out. I have only seen one game where both didn't "live up to their expectation." I mean chirst the offense hasn't hit consistantly thus far, and every pitcher has one bad outing every four or fice outings. Even the so called great ace's have their fair share of bad luck. Before you start b****ing about the pitching from our ace's ask yourself our the hitters doing everything they can to manufacture runs. If so than maybe we have problems with our ace's. :wacko:

If I came to this board without a clue to what was going on with the Sox, I would think your "ACE's" are getting rocked day in and day out.  I have only seen one game where both didn't "live up to their expectation."  I mean chirst the offense hasn't hit consistantly thus far, and every pitcher has one bad outing every four or fice outings. Even the so called great ace's have their fair share of bad luck.  Before you start b****ing about the pitching from our ace's ask yourself our the hitters doing everything they can to manufacture runs.  If so than maybe we have problems with our ace's. :wacko:

That's an easy one! Hell no they're not doing everything they can to get runs in. We had a total of four baserunners last night. One scored, two were out on double plays and one was left on. FOUR! Absolutely pathetic! I know it was Mark Mulder, but come on. It's not only against the studs, this is becoming an ongoing trend and I don't like it. Do we need a new hitting coach again?

That's an easy one! Hell no they're not doing everything they can to get runs in. We had a total of four baserunners last night. One scored, two were out on double plays and one was left on. FOUR! Absolutely pathetic! I know it was Mark Mulder, but come on. It's not only against the studs, this is becoming an ongoing trend and I don't like it. Do we need a new hitting coach again?

That is my concern, exactly.

And I don't want Von Joshua back and after the shots he took at the Sox when he was fired, he ain't coming back anyway. But even in our win on Sunday we only had 3 hits. We can't go on like this - this is not 1906 when the Hitless Wonders won games, or 1959 when the Go Go Sox manufactured runs.

I know we are struggling, but I am still positive about this team. However, my point about ACE's is that when the team is going poorly they step up and pitch like Zito and Mulder. 3 or 4 runs is still more than they gave up. But, that being said, our starters haven't been that bad. I am just frustrated that's all and we all want to win. I would think the only one's wanting it more than us are the players. Let's go Sox!

I'll have to agree, the Sox upside is huge. The pitching has been ok, but we could have 17 to 20 wins if we could just score runs!

The problem is this team has shown nothing in the department of manufacturing runs and to win in the postseason you have to do that.

When a pitcher has his good stuff...we will score very little. We manufacture very few runs.

When a pitcher has mediocre or worse stuff....we will win a lot of games. We jump all over guys when they do not have great stuff.

With some manufacturing ability....this offense could score 900-1000 runs easily. Hell, with no coaching, this offense would score 750-850 runs all by itself. I guess I pretty much hit the button with that last statement.

IMO....it's good bye to Gary Ward. Bring in Darryl Boston or whoever....maybe Harold Baines even. Who knows.

IMO....it's good bye to Gary Ward.  Bring in Darryl Boston or whoever....maybe Harold Baines even.

At least we need to do that.

Our line up should be hitting much better, and the hitting coach has got to be held responsible.

And if that doesn't work, I am beginning to change on my mind on other coaching staff changes...

So wait, southsider, we shouldnt expect Colon and Buehrle to win because theyre going against the big 3? No. Losing is unnacceptable. If you cant beat the good ones you shouldnt be a contender. The Tigers wont be there in October.

And Buehrle and Colon have been OK. 3.74 and 3.85 for our aces isnt very good. Not to mention Marks 4 losses. But then again, he started 2001 with a 1-3 record so he might recover. And yes it is hard to win when you get no offense but four runs in 6 IP doesnt give you a great position either... :angry:

None of our starting pitching is sucking. Need I elaborate or will that do? You lose games you pitch well, the man's era is still below 4 and he has pitched a lot of innings I don't get this thread. What the offence needs to do however is turn up the good and turn down the suck!