Crede's health

tonyho7476

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:14 AM)
If you're not squeamish, here's a pic of an MRI.

Notice how that bottom disk pushes into the white area. That area is all nerves.

http://www.emedx.com/emedx/diagnosis_infor...sk_saggital.gif

Los, is it not true that with further strenuous force on the back, the disk can sever the nerve????

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
Los, is it not true that with further strenuous force on the back, the disk can sever the nerve????

I don't know, but I suppose it's possible. Those nerves are a pretty thick wall, so maybe one huge, sudden strain causing a major disk shift could do it. Believe me, if it came anywhere close to that, he'd be in bed afraid to move.

If you leave it for a long time it can cause severe nerve damage. IMO it's a pretty bad thing to have happen to the club with half a season left. They're going to need to have someone solid to play 3rd on a consistant basis. Swap him in and out like Frank w/DH

Edited by Jim Belushi

I don't understand all the anti-Crede sentiment, especially with Uribe sucking more IMHO. Crede plays great D whether you want to admit it or not. He gives you some decent power, but an inconsistant at bat. I think the Yanks would take a nice fielding 3B(if they didn't have A-Rod) who hits 20-25HR's hitting in their 8 slot any day of the week.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
I don't understand all the anti-Crede sentiment, especially with Uribe sucking more IMHO. Crede plays great D whether you want to admit it or not. He gives you some decent power, but an inconsistant at bat. I think the Yanks would take a nice fielding 3B(if they didn't have A-Rod) who hits 20-25HR's hitting in their 8 slot any day of the week.

But we are white sox fans with a smaller payroll and we are not happy with anything ever.....

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
Crede can be replaced.  As good as his defense is, we have capable stopgaps.  The solution is this simple.  Uribe to 3B, Ozuna at SS.  Done and done.

Ozuna cannot be any worse offensively than Crede, and Ozuna has speed.

Crede's line -- .240/.297/.422

Ozuna's line -- .286/.330/.297

Crede's OPS -- .719

Ozuna's OPS -- .627

And, unfortunately, Ozuna's line is declining -- plus he's never proven he can hit for a whole year at the major league level. If you think Ozuna is a replacement for Crede (by switching Uribe to third), you're kidding yourself.