Directions to Tweeter in Tinley

LosMediasBlancas

It's been a long time, how do I get there from the northside? I remember this much: Dan Ryan south, then switch to I-57 Memphis. What do I do after that?

Also, I need to be there at 7:00 tonight, what time should I head out?

Any other time saving shortcuts would be appreciated, thx guys.

I-80 towards Iowa and follow the signs and traffic. You can get off at Harlem or LaGrange but you woun't really know until you get there and see the traffic.

Friday traffic, and construction on both the Ryan and 80.... leave by 3.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
I-80 towards Iowa and follow the signs and traffic. You can get off at Harlem or LaGrange but you woun't really know until you get there and see the traffic.

Holy Crap, 4 hours!!!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
It's been a long time, how do I get there from the northside? I remember this much: Dan Ryan south, then switch to I-57 Memphis. What do I do after that?

Also, I need to be there at 7:00 tonight, what time should I head out?

Any other time saving shortcuts would be appreciated, thx guys.

Give me until noon. My buddy knows a backway through Homewood-Flossmoor that completely bypasses almost ALL of the traffic. I will PM it to you later.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
Holy Crap, 4 hours!!!

Yea. But if you want to take the "back" way good luck. My co-worker who lives out there says that already this morning most of the back roads off of 159th and 167th were blocked.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)

Someone here said to just stay on I-57 and to exit on Vollmer road west. Is that a bad idea?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Someone here said to just stay on I-57 and to exit on Vollmer road west. Is that a bad idea?

Depends on the flow of traffic. That's the "secret" way everyone knows about. It's a crap shoot. Going 57 to 80 to Harlem is the easiest way and the least complicated for someone not from that area. Who are you seeing anyway?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Depends on the flow of traffic. That's the "secret" way everyone knows about. It's a crap shoot. Going 57 to 80 to Harlem is the easiest way and the least complicated for someone not from that area. Who are you seeing anyway?

The Black Crowes and Petty!!!

How far south is Vollmer road? Is it in the 190's?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Holy Crap, 4 hours!!!

I dont think your going to need four hours...there is no construction on I-80 where he will get on from 57. It honestly shouldnt take you more than an hour and a half. And yes I'm in Tinley Park all the time.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I dont think your going to need four hours...there is no construction on I-80 where he will get on from 57. It honestly shouldnt take you more than an hour and a half. And yes I'm in Tinley Park all the time.

At 57 and 80 are they not still re-doing the middle barriers..?

It's going to take an hour just to get to the Dan Ryan and 57 from the north side. Then the merging traffic onto 57 from the Dan Ryan is at least another 40 minutes of 20 mph traffic. Once he's on 80 it's a breeze..

I don't travel this way. Got the info from a co-worker that lives off of 183rd blocks from Tweeter and his wife works at the Mart so she travels this way every day.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:29 AM)
At 57 and 80 are they not still re-doing the middle barriers..?

It's going to take an hour just to get to the Dan Ryan and 57 from the north side. Then the merging traffic onto 57 from the Dan Ryan is at least another 40 minutes of 20 mph traffic. Once he's on 80 it's a breeze..

I don't travel this way. Got the info from a co-worker that lives off of 183rd blocks from Tweeter and his wife works at the Mart so she travels this way every day.

Construction on 80 ends at the 80-94 merge tollway. So where 57 gets on it is usually pretty clear. I work in South Holland and commute from Lemont everyday. I sit on the 294 traffic everyday so I pretty much know the streets.

I wouldn't recommend the Vollmer exit because they have almost all of their chicago traffic go that way. His best bet is to get on 80 and exit Harlem.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
Construction on 80 ends at the 80-94 merge tollway. So where 57 gets on it is usually pretty clear. I work in South Holland and commute from Lemont everyday. I sit on the 294 traffic everyday so I pretty much know the streets.

I wouldn't recommend the Vollmer exit because they have almost all of their chicago traffic go that way. His best bet is to get on 80 and exit Harlem.

Ok, so from I-57, switch to I-80 and get off at Harlem. How long after being on I-57 does the switch to I-80 come? Is it I-80 east or west, or is there only one?

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I take it Youre going to Tom Petty, it's gonna be awesome, I'm looking forward to it.

I saw this same show at Summer Fest two weeks ago. I'm a huge Crowes fan, but Petty was fun too. My only complaint is he doesn't mix up his set list too much.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
I saw this same show at Summer Fest two weeks ago.   I'm a huge Crowes fan, but Petty was fun too.   My only complaint is he doesn't mix up his set list too much.

My buddy wants to go and doesnt have tickets, how hard do you think it would be to find a scalper with fair prices, and what's the best way to go about it... :ph34r:

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Ok, so from I-57, switch to I-80 and get off at Harlem.   How long after being on I-57 does the switch to I-80 come?   Is it I-80 east or west, or is there only one?

Hmm.. didn't I suggest that..? :ph34r: :lol:

IIRC, just after the 159th toll you merge right to 80. Go towards Iowa (which is west but I don't remember if it says that). Just stay to the right and you'll be fine.

Have fun.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:42 AM)
Ok, so from I-57, switch to I-80 and get off at Harlem. How long after being on I-57 does the switch to I-80 come? Is it I-80 east or west, or is there only one?

Take I-57 to I-80 West. You will only be on 80 for about 2 Miles. Harlem will be your first exit as soon as you get on I-80. Take Harlem North (I know that seems like the wrong way but just trust me on this one.). Go up to 183rd make a right to Oak Park Ave. and then make another right on Oak Park Ave. It will be on the left side of the street. Going this way will put you with the local traffic but keep you out of the majority of the city traffic coming from Vollmer.

Have a good time :snr

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Hmm.. didn't I suggest that..?  :ph34r:  :lol:

IIRC, just after the 159th toll you merge right to 80. Go towards Iowa (which is west but I don't remember if it says that). Just stay to the right and you'll be fine.

Have fun.

yes, yes, yes, thx thx thx.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Take I-57 to I-80 West. You will only be on 80 for about 2 Miles. Harlem will be your first exit as soon as you get on I-80. Take Harlem North (I know that seems like the wrong way but just trust me on this one.). Go up to 183rd make a right to Oak Park Ave. and then make another right on Oak Park Ave. It will be on the left side of the street. Going this way will put you with the local traffic but keep you out of the majority of the city traffic coming from Vollmer.

Have a good time  :snr

Thx man. :cheers

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
My buddy wants to go and doesnt have tickets, how hard do you think it would be to find a scalper with fair prices, and what's the best way to go about it... :ph34r:

I'm sure you'll find scalpers, I don't know about fair prices though. It's always tricky, some people say with them out and prices will come down, but don't wait too long or you'll end up with nothing.

FYI, pavillion tix were $60.00, lawn was $40.00, so figure out what's fair to you. Good luck!

I take central south to flossmore road then west on flossmore rd... central from 167th to flossmore is forest preserve and the limit is 40 and you will see NO cars.. exit 57 at 159 or 167 and go west to central then south to flossmore rd...

tickets are sold out and two brokers I checked with don't have tix...

thankfully I got my lawn seats weeks ago...

plan on being there after the customary 11:00pm... petty likes to pay tinley park $$$ ... last time he played till midnight, and I think the fine is $10000 for every 15 minutes past 11:00 pm... he actually bragged about paying the fine about 11:30 and kept playing... PETTY RULES!!!!

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
I take central south to flossmore road then west on flossmore rd... central from 167th to flossmore is forest preserve and the limit is 40 and you will see NO cars.. 

Well done, this is the "locals" way to get there without all the expressway traffic. Don't tell too many people though, then it won't be a secret anymore.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Well done, this is the "locals" way to get there without all the expressway traffic.  Don't tell too many people though, then it won't be a secret anymore.

Yeah, don't do anything silly like putting it on the Internet either, or everyone might find out...... :P :D

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Well done, this is the "locals" way to get there without all the expressway traffic.  Don't tell too many people though, then it won't be a secret anymore.

I've given these directions out to my sister-in-law and she got lost... she turned around on central cause she said there wasn't a car for miles... ???

other people have told me it is too hard and like to take 1-80 to harlem...

this route is awesome for me ... it takes me about 20 min...