GAME THREAD 7-15-05 SOX vs TRIBE

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzie has been saying they need a bat. I am a huge advocate of getting a pesky hitter in here with speed, who can fill in defensively. Paging Ryan Freel, Cincinnati Reds. Seriously, they should overpay for him. Give the Reds two pitching prospects and get it done.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
They score in the 1st inning and fall asleep for the rest of the game.    :headshake

Against a guy like Sabathia, who's beaten up on your team before and who isnt' a bad pitcher, that's decent work.

You can complain that we've had other guys on an haven't been able to do anything with them (which is true) but you can't score every time you get guys on. Sometimes decent pitchers get out of jams.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
Hawk stop talking out of your ass.

PK is not a situational hitter

Well, it just depends on the situation. In situations with RISP, he's a terrible hitter. With nobody on...he's a lot better.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
Against a guy like Sabathia, who's beaten up on your team before and who isnt' a bad pitcher, that's decent work.

You can complain that we've had other guys on an haven't been able to do anything with them (which is true) but you can't score every time you get guys on.  Sometimes decent pitchers get out of jams.

You're right but I will die 10 years earlier than I should watching the '05 Sox offense. I'm getting an ulcer.

Cool...another run!