GAME THREAD 7-15-05 SOX vs TRIBE

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Rare bad decision on Juan's part, now Freddy just has to pick him up.

Would've been really tough to turn 2 either way. With Juan's way, you are at least guarenteed an out which is what you want with a 5 run lead.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
Those poor bastards (Injun fans) are jumping off of bridges into Lake Erie by now, seeing as how we SUCK and still score 6 runs according to some blowhards around here.

from what I've read, they were really pointing to this series as being KEY to turning around their season and getting it going in the second half. I'm tired of hearing how talented Cleveland is.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
Ozzie has been saying they need a bat.  I am a huge advocate of getting a pesky hitter in here with speed, who can fill in defensively.  Paging Ryan Freel, Cincinnati Reds.  Seriously, they should overpay for him.  Give the Reds two pitching prospects and get it done.

I am listening to the Barons game online. Is it the same Ryan Freel playing for

the Chattanoogna Lookouts (AA Reds) tonight?

A rehab assignment?? I think they said he would be there for 5 games.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
from what I've read, they were really pointing to this series as being KEY to turning around their season and getting it going in the second half. I'm tired of hearing how talented Cleveland is.

I'm not tired of hearing it at all. Makes me enjoy days like yesterday and today all the more.

That's right everyone...just keep thinking that other teams have a shot in the central. Go ahead.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Paulie stays hot

Yep. He's 8 for his last 11 with a couple of walks. Hope he keeps it up.

Though I know you were being sarcastic, just looking at his last AB, like a typ fan around here.

Edited by jphat007

I am listening to the Barons game online. Is it the same Ryan Freel playing for

the Chattanoogna Lookouts (AA Reds) tonight? 

A rehab assignment??  I think they said he would be there for 5 games.

Yes, he's on rehab, he had a toe problem on his left foot. I hear they had to call a tow truck, ha ha. :bang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Karl has 3 k's today and an 0-4 on the board.  If he didn't have a run scored that would look awful.

Yep, meanwhile PK has 8 hits in his last 11 ABs. Which looks pretty good considering the recent ABs by those around him.