GAME THREAD 7-15-05 SOX vs TRIBE

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tadahito15 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Off topic here, but I have a Q for WHarris1. I read your school's PRIDE acronym and was that from Lincoln Junior High School? I went there way back in the day and believe they now have a similar thing.

Wow dude, that's insane.

Yes that's from Lincoln, I don't go there anymore but did 2 years ago.

Ozuna is 4 for 5. I would love to see this guy play SS and have Uribe on the bench for a while. Juan just isn't doing it offensively this season and he is in the starting lineup way too much.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Ozuna is 4 for 5. I would love to see this guy play SS and have Uribe on the bench for a while. Juan just isn't doing it offensively this season and he is in the starting lineup way too much.

He's in there everyday because he's about as good as there is defensively in the AL.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)

Biggest problem offensively with Uribe is that if he's not getting hits, he does nothing else to help your offense. Uribe doesn't make the pitcher work, and is far too often this season, an easy out. In a way, he's the anti-Vizquel at the plate in terms of being a easy out. It's disappointing, as I had high hopes for Uribe this season. He was so underrated last season, especially offensively.

QUOTE(3RDBASE @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
what happened to the Uribe of old?

I'm sure a lot of people would first guess steroids, but I don't think that's it. I think it has more to deal with him getting the guaranteed 3 year contract. The Colorado media went out of their way to state that all Uribe cared about in Colorado was getting the big money deal. Hopefully, Uribe can catch fire in the 2nd half and carry the team for a week or so.