Tickets are getting harder to get...

Steff

Just got off the phone with my rep.. had to get various tickets for 23 upcomming games..

11 of the 23 I was only able to get uppers for. Granted, the Yanks and Boston were in the request, (and I was not able to get a set to Saturday Yanks at all), but it's pretty obvious the casuals are coming out.

Puurrttyy cool. :cheers

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Not casual; Yankee and Red Sox fans.

Red Sox fans far outnumbered White Sox fans at the last Boston series; I expect the same will happen now.

Really.. so Yankee and Boston fans are coming in droves to watch us play Detroit and KC..

:huh

:headshake

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
steff, the soxtalk young'n crew will be out in full force for the saturday boston game.

me,keith,brian will be there, plus we're meeting greasy at the game.

watch out :P

Tell Brian to leave his Buehrle jersey at home. :fight

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
steff, the soxtalk young'n crew will be out in full force for the saturday boston game.

me,keith,brian will be there, plus we're meeting greasy at the game.

watch out :P

Have fun for us.. we're going Thursday and Friday and gave Saturday's tickets to my folks, and Sunday's tickets to Jim's sister. We're going to Great America both days. :headbang

I really need to get my ass out there. I've only been to three games this year. Now if only my parents would let me drive down there, I will spend my entire next paycheck on Sox games. Maybe I got some tickets for my birthday today, that would be nice. It's great to see the big crowds coming out to the park, it really seems like the national media is finally giving the Sox some respect now that it is the second half.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Really.. so Yankee and Boston fans are coming in droves to watch us play Detroit and KC..

:huh

:headshake

I was at a detroit game this year, and I saw so many Boston hats...it was annoying. Now everyone is a Boston fan...give me a break.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
I was at a detroit game this year, and I saw so many Boston hats...it was annoying.  Now everyone is a Boston fan...give me a break.

Why do you think I named it soxtalk.com

Just wait...pretty soon you'll see a BoSox banner on the type and a slight adjustment to the domain name. www.sawktalk.com

:D

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
I"m coming out for a week at the end of the month -- hope I can scrounge some day of game seats. I've got 15 for Elvis night!

I've got 2 for Elvis night lol! At this point Brain is going, but if he gets this new job, I will take my mom.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Why do you think I named it soxtalk.com

Just wait...pretty soon you'll see a BoSox banner on the type and a slight adjustment to the domain name.  www.sawktalk.com

:D

I can't talk or type with that horrible accent, so I would probably have to leave the board.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I've got 2 for Elvis night lol!  At this point Brain is going, but if he gets this new job, I will take my mom.

I fly back for a week every year to get my Sox fix but this year I fear will be more difficult getting seats. I may have to buy one of those fake tickets those guys sell when you get off the red line!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
This is all good news.  I wish I could be there more often... I'll have to make sure to remind my kid for years that this is all her fault as she grows up

When I was talking to Tex, I told him that you KNOW the Sox are going to win it this year. You know why? Because that baby's coming during game 6 or 7 of the World Series and you're gonna miss it. So, in the baby pool, I want the date for game 6.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
When I was talking to Tex, I told him that you KNOW the Sox are going to win it this year.  You know why?  Because that baby's coming during game 6 or 7 of the World Series and you're gonna miss it.  So, in the baby pool, I want the date for game 6.

:lolhitting

All I can say is TV in the delivery room, if not I have my am walkman... :P