Tom Cruise not welcome in Paris anymore

Goldmember

'Good Bye Paris' For Scientologist Tom Cruise

Actor Tom Cruise is not welcome in Paris anymore, because of his Scientology beliefs. Paris city hall refuses to make Tom Cruise an honorary citizen because he's a follower of L Ron Hubbard's controversial religion.

In a debate this week, Paris’s City Hall pledged "never to welcome the actor Tom Cruise, spokesman for Scientology and self-declared militant for this organization," according to Agence France Presse.

Last month, on a promotional tour for his film "War of the Worlds", Tom Cruise proposed Katie Holmes, at the Eiffel Tower. He was also made an honorary citizen of the southern French city of Marseille.

The Hollywood actor is raising his adopted children as Scientologists. Isabella (12) and Connor (10) live with the 43-year-old actor in Beverly Hills where they are being home-schooled by his Scientologist sisters Cass and Marian.

He also convinced his future wife, Katie Holmes, to embrace Scientology.

linky

And that's why. . .

Every time I look down on this timeless town

whether blue or gray be her skies.

Whether loud be her cheers or soft be her tears,

more and more do I realize:

I love Paris in the springtime.

I love Paris in the fall.

I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles,

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles.

I love Paris every moment,

every moment of the year.

I love Paris, why, oh why do I love Paris?

Because my love is near.

Oh god...I'm so confused. I hate Tom Cruise...yet I hate France. Did France actually do something good or is this the best thing ever to happen to Tom Cruise.

I'm gonna have to go with all of the above. France and Cruise are still deuche's in my book. Yet I can somehow speak the language semi-fluently (uggh).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
France and Cruise are still deuche's in my book.  Yet I can somehow speak the language semi-fluently (uggh).

Wow, that's better than your English!!!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
Wow, that's better than your English!!!

You just watch out...I could get even worse with my yours/you are and theirs/there's.

I'm actually gonna be taking an advanced french class this semester (had 3 years of it a while back but haven't taken it in about two years and I'm afraid I'm gonna fail the damn course cause I'll have forgotten too much).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
You just watch out...I could get even worse with my yours/you are and theirs/there's. 

I'm actually gonna be taking an advanced french class this semester (had 3 years of it a while back but haven't taken it in about two years and I'm afraid I'm gonna fail the damn course cause I'll have forgotten too much).

That's impressive. I think French is probably the hardest romance language to learn. I never got my eu, u, ou sounds straight. It's a hard language.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
That's impressive. I think French is probably the hardest romance language to learn. I never got my eu, u, ou sounds straight. It's a hard language.

I'm convinced to actually sound french that I'd have to smoke like 20 packs of cigarettes a day for the rest of my life. That way I'd get that whole nasal sound down.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
I'm convinced to actually sound french that I'd have to smoke like 20 packs of cigarettes a day for the rest of my life.  That way I'd get that whole nasal sound down.

Which is why I though, as a Chicagoan, I would have no problems picking it up. :D

Its hard for me to believe how much my opinion of Cruise has changed in only the past 4 months. He went from solid leading man(in my mind at least) to crazy, cradle robbing, scientology militant, loudmouthed moron.

It all happened so fast.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm convinced to actually sound french that I'd have to smoke like 20 packs of cigarettes a day for the rest of my life.  That way I'd get that whole nasal sound down.

If you need help, let me know. I'd mention what my degree is in but that could be dangerous round these parts. :P

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
If you need help, let me know. I'd mention what my degree is in but that could be dangerous round these parts.  :P

Cool...ya I'm thinking my head is gonna be spinning for taking this class. I probably should just go back and repeat the last one I took and than go into advanced the next semester (I wanted to find a description of where exactly I should be to take this class, but it wasn't anywhere on my schools registration site so I just hope this isn't for people already completely fluent, lol).

I also thought you needed an element of spirituality in your philosophy of life for it to be considered a religion. Cruise is proofing that theory wrong I guess. France considers him a militant arm of this movement.

Who would have ever guess things would have turned out like this for Joel of Risky Business?