Nba free agent signings and rumors.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Um is it just me or is Utah getting raped

Ostertag will be effective for the Jazz as a center unlike Okur, who should come off the bench. Snyder hasn't been given much of a chance, but I don't rate Lopez or Borcahrdt very highly, so I'd probably say no, but we'll have to wait and see how those kids do.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Ostertag will be effective for the Jazz as a center unlike Okur, who should come off the bench. Snyder hasn't been given much of a chance, but I don't rate Lopez or Borcahrdt very highly, so I'd probably say no, but we'll have to wait and see how those kids do.

Their first round pick and some bench guys for Ostertag...hmm

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Orlando signs Keyon Dooling to a 4 year $11 mill deal. Let's see what he can do as a starter.

Grizzlies trade guard Bonzi Wells to Sacramento.

The Grizzlies exercised an $8 million team option Friday and agreed to trade Wells to Sacramento in a three-team deal involving the Jazz. The deal won’t be officially announced until the collective bargaining agreement is finalized, but it's believed to be Wells to Sacramento for guard Bobby Jackson, with the Kings sending Greg Ostertag to Utah. The Jazz also will send forward Curtis Borchardt, and guards Raul Lopez and Kirk Snyder to Memphis. Jul. 22 - 4:16 pm et

WHAT THE f***!?!?! We got Mobley! Why do we need Bonzi Wells? This is a BS trade from SacTown. Bobby was injury prone but he was the heart of the team when healthy.

Bibby

Mobley

Stojakovic

Thomas

Miller

Wells coming off the bench? I dunno. We needed more defense but I'll take it. What the Kings need is a big PF who has low-post skills not a 12-18 ft jump-shooting SF to play PF.... :headshake

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
WHAT THE f***!?!?! We got Mobley! Why do we need Bonzi Wells? This is a BS trade from SacTown. Bobby was injury prone but he was the heart of the team when healthy.

Bibby

Mobley

Stojakovic

Thomas

Miller

Wells coming off the bench? I dunno. We needed more defense but I'll take it. What the Kings need is a big PF who has low-post skills not a 12-18 ft jump-shooting SF to play PF.... :headshake

Mobley signed with the Clippers, I believe...

Bonzi can score.

The more I think about the Dooling signing I like it. He's only 25, coming into his prime, and gets a chance to start. At only $10 mill over 3 to 4 years compared to Antonio Daniels who got $30 million over 5, I gotta feeling Dooling is gonna outproduce Daniels over the length of that contract all for $20 million less for 1 year less. And there were these little things on it;

It's a huge steal for the Magic if they get Keyon Dooling for their offering price ($9 million over 3 years). Dooling, who at age 25, is coming off his first healthy season since his rookie year, and is only getting better.

Keyon should take a look at Antonio Daniels' contract before he signs anything. No disrespect to Daniels, but those contracts should look a little bit more alike.

Before coming to terms with Dooling, the Magic also talked with point guards Earl Watson (Memphis Grizzlies) and Chris Duhon (Chicago Bulls). They would have preferred Duhon -- a starter most of last season -- but he is a restricted free agent, giving Chicago the opportunity to keep him by matching any offer.

Sarunas Jasikevicius, widely considered the top point guard in Europe, signed a three-year, 12 million deal with the Pacers, his agent Doug Neustadt told ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2115697

Good lord the Pacers are looking good. They might be the deepest, most versatile team in the league. For those who don't know much about Jasikevicius, he's got shooting, ballhandling, and passing skills that rival Steve Nash. And Like Nash, he's also a matador defender. But overall, this is a very good signing by the Pacers. If Artest can stop acting like a fool and just play basketball, this might be the best team in the east.

Jask and the Pacers, eh? Indiana just solidified their PG situation then, if Tinsley goes down again. 3yrs at 12 mil is a great, great addition and low payroll signing for the Pacers. Not bad indeed.

NBADraft.Net has some info on the European leagues...that's where I get most of my Euro info. Good site.

There's a center that the Bulls could conceivably get, Edu Hernandez from Spain, if the price is right and if he's still available.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)

Good lord the Pacers are looking good.  They might be the deepest,  most versatile team in the league.  For those who don't know much about Jasikevicius,  he's got shooting,  ballhandling,  and passing skills that rival Steve Nash.  And Like Nash,  he's also a matador defender.  But overall,  this is a very good signing by the Pacers.  If Artest can stop acting like a fool and just play basketball,  this might be the best team in the east.

I'm hearing very great things about Jasikevicius right now. The only downside I can see to this deal is that it basically guarantees Dale Davis won't be coming back. However, it seems much more important for the Pacers to secure their backcourt with how Tinsley was in and out last year.

I'm getting pretty excited about this season! :headbang

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)

Good lord the Pacers are looking good.  They might be the deepest,  most versatile team in the league.  For those who don't know much about Jasikevicius,  he's got shooting,  ballhandling,  and passing skills that rival Steve Nash.  And Like Nash,  he's also a matador defender.  But overall,  this is a very good signing by the Pacers.  If Artest can stop acting like a fool and just play basketball,  this might be the best team in the east.

I think you may be overrating him a bit, comparing him to Steve Nash. If his skills rivaled Nash, he would be starting. I remember him from Maryland; he was good, but not spectacular.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
I think you may be overrating him a bit, comparing him to Steve Nash.  If his skills rivaled Nash, he would be starting.  I remember him from Maryland; he was good, but not spectacular.

I wasn't comparing. I said he had skills that rivaled him. That certainly doesn't mean he'll be as good as Nash. I haven't seen a whole lot of the guy. I remember him takin our guys to school a couple summers ago. Everything I hear about this guy is positive. I think it's a gret move by the Pacers.

Joe Johnson to be dealt;

ESPN reports that the the Atlanta Hawks and Phoenix Suns are about to complete a trade that would see guard Joe Johnson go to Atlanta in exchange for Boris Diaw, two lottery-protected first-round picks and a $5-million trade exception.

The report also says that Johnson, a restricted free agent who was expected to sign Atlanta's offer sheet when the league's contract moratorium ends Tuesday, will sign a five-year, $70-million deal with the Hawks, including a $20-million up-front payment.

Johnson, 24, is expected to primarily play point guard for the Hawks, giving Atlanta a super-sized starting backcourt with 6-foot-7 Johnson and 6-foot-8 Josh Childress.

Phoenix will add Diaw to a swingman rotation that includes Jim Jackson and Raja Bell, who is expected to sign as an unrestricted free agent.  The Suns will likely pursue another free agent, with ESPN mentioning current Dallas Maverick guard Michael Finley, if Finley is bought out as expected by the Mavericks.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I'd like to hear the Eddy-haters/dalembert-blowers say he's really worth that much...

I think we'll see Dalembert perform adequately well enough without Jim O' Brien on the sidelines. 15 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game is what I expect.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Than your expecting 2 much

Maybe, but when he averages 10.1/8.3/1.76 post ASG, and 11.6/12.8/1.4, you can see the improvement he made, once O'Bie actually decided to start playing him, and to his strengths.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
I'd like to hear the Eddy-haters/dalembert-blowers say he's really worth that much...

Guys like Dalembert aren't supposed to demand 10 MIL+ per year because it ain't shot-altering skills or rebounding dominance that puts asses in seats. We all know that. There's no argument here. The casual fan doesn't even know who the f*** Dalembert is.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 02:29 AM)
Than your expecting 2 much

In terms of what, scoring? He is a candidate to lead the league in rebounding, and he'll be altering shots with the best of them. 12 rebounds and 3 blocks ain't all that far-fetched if he gets 35 minutes per. He could score a good 12 points per game as well, although I can't rule out 13-15. He has good hands underneath the rim, and he's solid on put-back attempts.

Curry slurpers will like these defensive ratings from Dan Rosenbaum...

Top Five Centers:

1. Ben Wallace

2. Dikembe Mutumbo

3. Theo Ratliff

4. Jason Collins

5. Joel Pryzbilla

Bottom Five Centers:

1. Primoz Brezec

2. Marc Jackson

3. Predrag Drobnjak

4. Mark Blount

5. Eddy Curry

Top Seven Power Forwards:

1. Tim Duncan

2. Kevin Garnett

3. Nick Collison

4. Tyson Chandler

5. Nenê

6. Andrei Kirilenko

7. Rasheed Wallace

Bottom Seven Power Forwards:

1. Matt Bonner

2. Cliff Robinson

3. Antawn Jamison

4. Juwan Howard

5. Austin Croshere

6. Antoine Walker

7. Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)

Top Five Centers:

1. Ben Wallace

2. Dikembe Mutumbo

3. Theo Ratliff

4. Jason Collins

5. Joel Pryzbilla

Bottom Five Centers:

1. Primoz Brezec

2. Marc Jackson

3. Predrag Drobnjak

4. Mark Blount

5. Eddy Curry

Mutumbo at number 2???

He of the 5 boards and 1 block per game playing behind Yao????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy's probably around 48 years old and is merely a shadow of his former self...

Does this guy follow the NBA? No Shaq? No camby? No Brad Miller? I'll even take Ilgauskas or Yao defensively over some of those guys on that list.

This list means nothing to me, although it's funny to see dalembert NOT on there, along with collison ahead of tyson...

The only guy worth having instead of a healthy Curry on that list is obviously Big Ben.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)

Top Five Centers:

1. Ben Wallace

2. Dikembe Mutumbo

3. Theo Ratliff

4. Jason Collins

5. Joel Pryzbilla

Bottom Five Centers:

1. Primoz Brezec

2. Marc Jackson

3. Predrag Drobnjak

4. Mark Blount

5. Eddy Curry

Top Seven Power Forwards:

1. Tim Duncan

2. Kevin Garnett

3. Nick Collison

4. Tyson Chandler

5. Nenê

6. Andrei Kirilenko

7. Rasheed Wallace

Bottom Seven Power Forwards:

1. Matt Bonner

2. Cliff Robinson

3. Antawn Jamison

4. Juwan Howard

5. Austin Croshere

6. Antoine Walker

7. Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Holy s***, Rosenbaum ain't all there, is he?

First off, Kenyon Martin is a much better defensive player than Nene Hilario.

Andrei Kirilenko should be ranked strictly as a SF right now, as Boozer mans the PF 99% of the time in Utah.

Joe Pryzbilla is as slow-footed as they come. Holy f***ing s***. :o

Dikembe Mutombo can't even jump in 2005. How in the hell does he get ranked?

Jason Collins is competent defensively, he's nothing special.

Mark Blount is a terrific on-the-ball defender. He might lack size, but come on, bottom 5 while Pryzbilla, Motombo, and Collins are in the Top 5?

Nick Collison is NOT, I repeat NOT a candidate for a list of top defensive players at his position. OMG, Emeka Okafor is maybe 10,000 times the defender? No mention of him? As if Nene ahead of Kenyon Martin wasn't bad enough, they put Collison ahead of him as well. :lol:

WHERE IN THE f*** IS JERMAINE O'NEAL.

I realize that this is why people like nitetrain or whomever are wrong half the time. You can't read these articles. You are done for if you do.

I need like half a dozen advil.

And a gun.

I'd like to meet this guy in a bar and just tear his basketball world apart. God damn, would that be sweet.