Horrible, Horrible News....

bjm676

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/071505_ns_skokie_ax.html

My wife worked worked with these guys and keeps saying what great guys they were. What a complete, senseless act.

Police say a car crash that killed three people in Skokie Thursday afternoon was no accident. It was caused by a suicide attempt. Prosecutors say a 23-year-old woman tried to kill herself, but she lived and is now charged with murder.

Jeanette Sliwinski of Martin Grove has been charged with three counts of first degree murder and her bond has been denied. She was taken to the hospital after the accident. Once she is released, she will be held at the Cook County Jail or at the jail's hospital for observation.

Not long after police arrived on the scene of a bad car crash at Dempster Street and Niles Center Road, they realized it was not an accident. Police say 23-year-old Sliwinski deliberately rammed her Ford Mustang into a Honda Civic because she wanted to commit suicide. Instead, she sustained minor injuries, but the three people in the Honda Civic were killed.

Three men, 29-year-old Douglas Meis, 35-year-old John Glick, 39-year-old Michael Dahlquist, all good friends and co-workers at their job in Niles, were killed.

Victims: Dahlquist, Glick, Meis

"These three young men were beautiful, beautiful members of society with extreme potential," said a friend.

"They were gifts to all of us, and I don't think any of us has totally accepted what has happened yet," another friend said.

"I feel like I lost a brother and two friends. They're the best people you could have wanted, three of the best people you could want your kids to grow up to be," said a friend.

Skokie police say they don't know why Sliwinski caused the collision or whether she had been drinking. But they do know her car was traveling more than 70 mph when it crashed.

The impact caused the Civic to slam into the car in front of it. Karen Tuccori was a passenger in that car, which was pushed into the intersection. She says although she suffered whiplash, she knows she's the lucky one.

"The driver, she didn't think about anybody else's life. She just took their lives, just like that. I don't understand people doing things like that. She shouldn't have done that," said Tuccori.

Sliwinski will appear in court on Monday.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Why does the idiot always live and the inocent alway die

Im not the most religious person in the world, but I have to believe that the powers that be let the "idiots" stay around and live with what they have done, and embrace the innocent.

This is the same sort of thing that happened in LA a while back. Some asshole tried to kill himself by parking his vehicle on train tracks then chickened out at the last minute and caused a train wreck that killed like 10 people.

When life is kicking your ass and you're too weak and gutless to go on anymore you jump off a bridge, you don't endanger other people. ASSHOLE!

People like this should get their wish, with a bullet to the brain, but only after the families of the innocent people who also died get a few whacks at em with a billy club.

Interesting legal issue here. For the most part you probably have a mental illness if you want to kill yourself. As a society, we do not hold mentally sick people responsible for their actions.

Maybe we should, like nuke suggests just kill these people, we have plenty of normal people at the border dying to come in.

Couple Years ago around my area a guy who killed himself also kidnapped his 2 kids had them in the Van as well he went acrossed the median crashed into a 18 wheeler who then locked up the brakes and a car behind it with a family headed to 6 flags in Atlanta slammed into the truck the car lodged under the truck and beheaded both the mother and the father who was the driver. So in the accident 2 kids were killed and another family was left parentless. Cowards like that don't get any sympathy from me.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
Interesting legal issue here. For the most part you probably have a mental illness if you want to kill yourself. As a society, we do not hold mentally sick people responsible for their actions.

Maybe we should, like nuke suggests just kill these people, we have plenty of normal people at the border dying to come in.

I'm sorry but I don't have any sympathy for people who deliberately take down others in their own pathetic attempt to end it all. Once again the tears are misplaced. Aww she's sick..........aww she has mental problems......aww we should pity her. How about we save our sympathies for those who deserve it like the families of the 3 innocent people who got killed just for the crime of travelling from work.

Like I said before. People who do stuff like this should be given their wish........only with as much pain and suffering as can possibly be inflicted beforehand.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:05 AM)
I'm sorry but I don't have any sympathy for people who deliberately take down others in their own pathetic attempt to end it all.  Once again the tears are misplaced.  Aww she's sick..........aww she has mental problems......aww we should pity her.  How about we save our sympathies for those who deserve it like the families of the 3 innocent people who got killed just for the crime of travelling from work. 

Like I said before.  People who do stuff like this should be given their wish........only with as much pain and suffering as can possibly be inflicted beforehand.

Of course you also don't have any sympathies for people who are sick with cancer, heart disease, or any other illness. Aww she's sick..........aww she has cancer problems . . . aww we should pity her.f*** 'em.

I guess when you make a living killing others you have to become hardened to death. Glad to see our government can run such an effective school.

Noone really knows enough to be certain, but I wonder how much mental illness played into this. The newspaper accounts make it sound as though she had a fight with mommy and got angry, so she decided to make as big a mess as possible. (Btw, 70 mph into a stopped car and she lives -- how does that happen?) I can't find it in my heart to hate someone who's clearly lost her mind, like Andrea Yates. But from what I've heard already, she just sounds self-involved, and I can blame someone for that.

All three victims were local musicians. Their friends are understandably crushed by the act of this stupid, selfish murderer. Condolences and prayers go out to the friends and families of these three guys who were cut down too soon in life.

I guess I didn't expect an "aspiring model" to understand that a brick wall or a light pole would be a better target for suicide and a car full of people would be more likely to kill someone else. Maybe a LOT of years in prison will teach her this valuable lesson.

I hope she can resume her modeling career after her prison term.....

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 05:52 AM)
Im not the most religious person in the world, but I have to believe that the powers that be let the "idiots" stay around and live with what they have done, and embrace the innocent.

Well actually im betting she was probably drinking a little at least and if thats the case than when going into the crash your very loose which is what you want to be. If you arent drunk than you tighten up and that is actually worse. Thats why in a lot of cases the drunk person lives.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
I can't find it in my heart to hate someone who's clearly lost her mind, like Andrea Yates.  But from what I've heard already, she just sounds self-involved, and I can blame someone for that.

I agree 100% with this. I could go on in a lengthy diatribe how I think the father in th Yates case needed to be held accountable as well, but I am already pissed off enough about other things that I don't want to get into a heated argument here.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
I agree 100% with this.  I could go on in a lengthy diatribe how I think the father in th Yates case needed to be held accountable as well, but I am already pissed off enough about other things that I don't want to get into a heated argument here.

Don't expect an argument from me.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 05:28 AM)
Of course you also don't have any sympathies for people who are sick with cancer, heart disease, or any other illness. Aww she's sick..........aww she has cancer problems . . . aww we should pity her.f*** 'em.

I guess when you make a living killing others you have to become hardened to death. Glad to see our government can run such an effective school.

I never said I didn't feel bad for people who were sick with cancer, heart disease etc...etc... Forgive me if I don't believe that should be used as an excuse to KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!

EDIT. Just because my heart doesn't bleed for those who murder the innocent doesn't mean I lack compassion for those who are sick. f*** you for saying that. That was totally wrong and off base and you f***ing know it.

Funny you should mention cancer too as I lost my Grandfather to cancer 12 years ago. At least when he died he didn't try to take as many people as he could along with him.

:fyou

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Nuke these people with the mental problems obviously arent thinking straight and if they were they wouldnt put others lifes in dangers. Im not saying what they do is right but you dont go and shoot them in the head with a bullet after beating them up. At the same time they shouldnt be just able to get out of it, they should go to wherevr you have to go to get better. Than once fit to stand trial they should be charged for murder.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
I don't understand why she thought a car filled with people would be better to hit than an inanimate light pole or brick wall.

Its like I said. She was a bitter individual who wanted to take as many people with her as she could.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
I never said I didn't feel bad for people who were sick with cancer, heart disease etc...etc...  Forgive me if I don't believe that should be used as an excuse to KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!

EDIT. Just because my heart doesn't bleed for those who murder the innocent doesn't mean I lack compassion for those who are sick.  f*** you for saying that.  That was totally wrong and off base and you f***ing know it. 

Funny you should mention cancer too as I lost my Grandfather to cancer 12 years ago.  At least when he died he didn't try to take as many people as he could along with him.

:fyou

A person who is mentally ill, is sick, the same as cancer. But your attitude is, f*** em if they have a defect, put a bullet in their head. And I can cut and paste because "f*** you for saying that. That was totally wrong and off base and you f***ing know it." Back in the Neanderthal ages, they treated mental illness just like you are advocating. They thought they might be possessed, or even a witch. I guess you would have had a great time in Salem during the witch hunts.

Why not drop by the VA and tell the Vets with post traumatic stress that they aren't really sick and have complete controll of their actions? :headshake

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
A person who is mentally ill, is sick, the same as cancer. But your attitude is, f*** em if they have a defect, put a bullet in their head. And I can cut and paste because "f*** you for saying that.  That was totally wrong and off base and you f***ing know it."  Back in the Neanderthal ages, they treated mental illness just like you are advocating. They thought they might be possessed, or even a witch. I guess you would have had a great time in Salem during the witch hunts.

Why not drop by the VA and tell the  Vets with post traumatic stress that they aren't really sick and have complete controll of their actions?  :headshake

You're doing it again. You've somehow managed to extrapolate from my statement that I'm for killing everyone with mental disabilities and illnesses. That's completely ludicrous and you know it. Find me one statement I made that even approaches advocating the mass genocide of the sick and mentally ill. I won't hold my breath.

Additionally, tell me how mental illness is even relevant to this situation. I read that article 3 times and nowhere did it state that she had mental issues. You just automatically assume things like that to use as an excuse for pieces of s*** who commit homicide or other crimes.

This is a shining example of the mind of a bleeding heart right here. She shouldn't be held accountable, she must have been out of her mind. She's sick, she's this, she's that. She's a triple murderer is what she is and she needs to pay pure and simple and if feeling that way makes me a barbarian or whatever else you want to call me then I'll wear that as a badge of honor.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
You're doing it again.  You've somehow managed to extrapolate from my statement that I'm for killing everyone with mental disabilities and illnesses.  That's completely ludicrous and you know it.  Find me one statement I made that even approaches advocating the mass genocide of the sick and mentally ill.  I won't hold my breath. 

Additionally,  tell me how mental illness is even relevant to this situation.  I read that article 3 times and nowhere did it state that she had mental issues.  You just automatically assume things like that to use as an excuse for pieces of s*** who commit homicide or other crimes. 

This is a shining example of the mind of a bleeding heart right here.  She shouldn't be held accountable, she must have been out of her mind.  She's sick, she's this, she's that.  She's a triple murderer is what she is and she needs to pay pure and simple and if feeling that way makes me a barbarian or whatever else you want to call me then I'll wear that as a badge of honor.

:cheers I love our little debates.

The very act of committing suicide is a mental illness.

Look at the assumptions you've made.

Its like I said. She was a bitter individual who wanted to take as many people with her as she could.

So which is probably a better assumption, she is mentally ill for wanting to commit suicide, or she's a bitter individual who wanted to take out as many people as she could?

It was so easy for you to advocate putting a bullet in her head. That's good because that's you job and you are trained well. You need to be able to kill anyone that our government decides should be killed. If you did pause and wonder if someone should live or die you would lose your edge.

If she had died also, this probably would have been ruled an accident, that she lost control. I wonder how many other people have committed suicide in this way?

Enjoy your Badge of Honor.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
If she had died also, this probably would have been ruled an accident, that she lost control. I wonder how many other people have committed suicide in this way?

Thats an interesting thought.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
:cheers I love our little debates.

The very act of committing suicide is a mental illness.

Look at the assumptions you've made.

So which is probably a better assumption, she is mentally ill for wanting to commit suicide, or she's a bitter individual who wanted to take out as many people as she could?

It was so easy for you to advocate putting a bullet in her head. That's good because that's you job and you are trained well. You need to be able to kill anyone that our government decides should be killed.  If you did pause and wonder if someone should live or die you would lose your edge.

Enjoy your Badge of Honor.

The act of committing suicide is a mental illness huh? Explain for me then those who want to commit suicide to end painful suffering caused by illness or injury? OOPS. That seems like the action of a rational mind to me. They also don't have a tendency to hurt others in the process of ending their life unlike this flith here. There goes another broad generalization out the window.

I stand by my statement you quoted. It's a lot more grounded in fact than it is for you to say she was mentally ill based on the facts provided. If she didn't want to take others with her then why did she simply not swallow a bunch of pills or jump of a bridge? Had she not killed innocent people in the process of offing herself she might have earned my sympathy but as it stands now she is right down there with the rest of the criminal scum that inhabit the earth.

BTW my military training has nothing to do with my feelings in this case. I've felt the way I've felt about criminals long before the thought of joining the military entered my mind and make no mistake this filth here is nothing less than a criminal.

So a rational person, free of any mental illness, drives a car into another to commit suicide. Ohhh kay.

Perhaps the voices in her head told her to drive her car into another? I don't know why she picked one over the other. If she wanted to "take out the most people with her", why didn't she buy a gun or make a bomb?

So many unanswered questions. But with Nuke's justice,

People like this should get their wish, with a bullet to the brain, but only after the families of the innocent people who also died get a few whacks at em with a billy club.

What a civilized approach.