GAME THREAD 7-16-2005 SOX vs INJUNS

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for our allstar starter to do exactly what Freddy and Contreras have done. Hopefully Buehlre is Buehrle and the offense can play as well as they did today and I hope we see Ozzie be as aggressive as he was yesterday(sending runners and using the squeeze) the rest of the season. It was a thing of beauty.

Edited by Rowand44

It looks like Buehrle v. Westbrook. Gosh, if Crede doesn't start playing soon, we may very well see this come through the wire:

The White Sox have placed 3B Joe Crede on the 15 Day DL.

...it's kinda getting scary.

That said, the Sox need to worry about keeping their second-half winning-ways alive with a win today.

The way the season series has gone this yr, Cleveland should win today...Sox win 2 then Cleveland wins 1

Mon 4/4 @CWS 1, CLE 0 Recap

Wed 4/6 @CWS 4, CLE 3 Recap

Thu 4/7 CLE 11, @CWS 5 Recap

Mon 4/11 CWS 2, @CLE 1 Recap

Wed 4/13 CWS 5, @CLE 4 Recap

Thu 4/14 @CLE 8, CWS 6 Recap

Fri 6/3 @CWS 6, CLE 4 Recap

Sat 6/4 @CWS 6, CLE 5 Recap

Sun 6/5 CLE 6, @CWS 4 Recap

Thu 7/14 CWS 1, @CLE 0 Recap

>Fri 7/15 CWS 7, @CLE 1 Box Score

Ozzie said he may switch Buehrle and Garland. But he probably would already.

More than likely it'll be Buehrle.

In that case, how about a nice 1:39 game? I have errands to run. :D

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox2:

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
s***ty lineup. Oh well. Will we start both Pods and AJ against the lefty Lee tomorrow? I hope we play our nine best this Sunday

I thought Elarton is starting tomorrow? And no, I don't want to see Pods sitting too often against LHP. He should not be used as a platoon player, and it's not like he struggles against LHP.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
Why is Iguchi sitting today..

Iguchi really struggled yesterday, but he's on record as saying he doesn't like to sit out, because he feels like he loses his rhythm at the plate. One thing we can't do tonight is try and play station-to-station baseball. Westbrook's sinker will result in quite a few DP if we don't try and create stuff on the bases.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Iguchi really struggled yesterday, but he's on record as saying he doesn't like to sit out, because he feels like he loses his rhythm at the plate.  One thing we can't do tonight is try and play station-to-station baseball.  Westbrook's sinker will result in quite a few DP if we don't try and create stuff on the bases.

It's a day game, just making sure so you dont miss it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Iguchi really struggled yesterday, but he's on record as saying he doesn't like to sit out, because he feels like he loses his rhythm at the plate.  One thing we can't do tonight is try and play station-to-station baseball.  Westbrook's sinker will result in quite a few DP if we don't try and create stuff on the bases.

The 6th or 7th last night(whichever inning it was) was just a thing of beauty, I hope we see much more of that. Ozzie just gave us two runs by being aggressive, it was awesome.

I said Lee based off a previous post, could be Elarton for all I know. I'm not saying Podz is a platoon guy but there is no arguing that most of the time a lefty is on the bump, Pablo Ozuna is leading off. THey might change due to seeing a lefty just two nights before SUnday's game but that has been the pattern for the most part